Would you? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Would you?

Jbrizzy

So I went with my fiance to check out a Zx6r for myself.. Currently we share a 2002 cbr600f4i. Dudes asking for 5k for a 2007 with 40k. Found some sludgey substance bottom left side of motor/bike wonder how that got there. He was also revving it from cold start with no load. Looked like oil had coated the hoses. To top things off, they wouldn't allow a test ride. Which leads me to my question... Would you spend 5k on something you can't try? Lol
think he just lost the sale.

Whoever expect a test ride without $$ is probably out of their mind

OP so if you decided to sell your current bike would youpermit some random stranger that answered an ad to come and take off on it for a "test ride"??? If so what are you goig to do if they crash it half way down your block and cause $3000 in damage? Or if they simply just don't come back from the "test ride"..lol.

Only way you would get to test ride my $5000 bike is if you show up and hand me the $5000 CASH before you get on the bike. IF you bring it back unscathed and don't want to buy it, then I hand you back your $5000. Otherwise you just lost $5000, (if you don't come back). If you crash it I hold the $5000 until I have estimates for repairs, then I once bike is fixed I hand you back a copy of the work order and whatever balance is left over. If I "lost the sale" because of these terms good on me, at leats I still a bike to sell.

Found some sludgey substance bottom left side of motor/bike wonder how that got there.
Probably chain lube/gunk.

Hand him over the full amount in cash, take it for a ride, try not to crash it. If he doesn't agree to that he's a retard. And be careful when you ride it! You have no idea how old the tires are, if they are properly inflated, who's been messing with the suspension, if the brake lines are full of air. And post up some pics already.

This bike sounds like WAY better of a deal, way way less KM's, two years newer, sweet sweet paint, only $4800 list!!! http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/cambridge/2009-ninja-zx6r/1103506238

burnt_orange2.jpg

If you need help picking it up let me know.

Last edited:

Hand him over the full amount in cash, take it for a ride, try not to crash it. If he doesn't agree to that he's a retard. And be careful when you ride it! You have no idea how old the tires are, if they are properly inflated, who's been messing with the suspension, if the brake lines are full of air. And post up some pics already.

This bike sounds like WAY better of a deal, way way less KM's, two years newer, sweet sweet paint, only $4800 list!!! http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...6r/1103260844?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

burnt_orange2.jpg

That is a pretty good deal if it is legit.

This bike sounds like WAY better of a deal, way way less KM's, two years newer, sweet sweet paint, only $4800 list!!! http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...6r/1103260844?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

burnt_orange2.jpg

Hahaha, reminds of this one time at Johnny's shop you were there as well. New guy totalled a ZX6r just like that one within a very short amount of time. He didn't want his family to find out he nearly killed himself but because of the colour was having a very hard time finding one...it was only made in 09.

He was then considering a ZX10r in the same colour figuring his family wouldn't be able to tell...I was laughing my *** off in my head.

misleading title......I was expecting a picture of a very ugly chick.

no I wouldn't buy the bike

Hahaha, reminds of this one time at Johnny's shop you were there as well. New guy totalled a ZX6r just like that one within a very short amount of time. He didn't want his family to find out he nearly killed himself but because of the colour was having a very hard time finding one...it was only made in 09.

He was then considering a ZX10r in the same colour figuring his family wouldn't be able to tell...I was laughing my *** off in my head.
Yep, that's exactly how it went down. He did get the ZX10 in exactly the same burnt orange colour, absolutely nobody noticed ;)

Robert_Beto_ZX10_Ninja.jpg

Op, 2007 zx6r are know to have an issue with the Valve cover gasket. That's what you're probably seeing. I had 2 of them. One leaked but replaced by recall then was fine, the other never leaked.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I sold my GSXR 750 (2010) a few months back for 5200 - the 2007 zx6r is the slowest and heaviest bike of that year and with 40k you are over paying IMO.
So I went with my fiance to check out a Zx6r for myself.. Currently we share a 2002 cbr600f4i. Dudes asking for 5k for a 2007 with 40k. Found some sludgey substance bottom left side of motor/bike wonder how that got there. He was also revving it from cold start with no load. Looked like oil had coated the hoses. To top things off, they wouldn't allow a test ride. Which leads me to my question... Would you spend 5k on something you can't try? Lol
think he just lost the sale.

I sold my GSXR 750 (2010) a few months back for 5200 - the 2007 zx6r is the slowest and heaviest bike of that year and with 40k you are over paying IMO.
I kid you not there's a paperclip mod that gives NA zx6r a few extra hp's.

I kid you not there's a paperclip mod that gives NA zx6r a few extra hp's.

I know, I did it to mine. I had a 2008 special edition

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

The oil you say you saw, sounds like chain lube or a oil drain pipe at the side of the bike.
You obviously know very little about bikes.
You need to bring some one who know motorcycles, who can look it over, give you an idea what is wrong with the bike, then be able to tell you what needs to be fixed, what you can use to bargain the price down, and then verbalize what he has found to the seller, so that he understands that his price needs to be dropped.

Before other dudes start saying........Hey. I will do this for free.
I have done this many many time, for many members on this board.
Never had one complaint. And my price is very good.

P.M. me if interested.

You seriously get people to pay you for advice on a bike purchase? Lol Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom