Oakley Radar Lock with transition lenses | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oakley Radar Lock with transition lenses

pfbmgd

I bought a a pair of Oakley Radar Lock glasses with transitions lenses .After wearing them for a about a month. I went to take them apart for a proper cleaning of the lenses . Just before I take them apart I notice a crack above the nose bridge .I bought these for their ANSI Z87 safety feature for riding my bike . I`m totally disappointed in these for $360 and to be so fragile . I always put my glasses back in the case and take great care of them . Anyone else have problems with their Oakley lenses .

@pfbmgd I would think Oakley might cover that as warranty/ defective/ good will.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I have been pretty lucky with the 2 pairs I currently own (Servo and Bucket). However I did manage to step on the Servo last week in the parking lot at full stride and detached an arm from the frame. Unlike you, I have been rough on mine as I usually hook them in my shirt as I only use them for reading and computer (also transitions) and never have the case with me.

I have ordered Ray bans this time to give them a try.

I've never had trouble. I tried to trade in an old pair (~10 years of use, scratched up, etc) and was told there was nothing they could do. They said if they were less than a year old and I had a receipt they can replace on the spot.

Oakley uses polycarb lenses which is very strong so I'm quite surprised to hear this...are you sure its not a scratch? Either way contact whoever you purchased them from, if they're not helping or you bought them direct from Oakley and they tell you to piss off PM me.

My family business has been an Oakley retailer in Mississauga longer than I've been alive, when we get on their case they're a lot more receptive than they are to random consumers.

Oakley uses polycarb lenses which is very strong so I'm quite surprised to hear this...are you sure its not a scratch? Either way contact whoever you purchased them from, if they're not helping or you bought them direct from Oakley and they tell you to piss off PM me.

My family business has been an Oakley retailer in Mississauga longer than I've been alive, when we get on their case they're a lot more receptive than they are to random consumers.

Yes it's a Crack right above the bridge. I'm taking them back tomorrow.I was quite surprised myself .I'm very carefull with my glasses . I have pairs 15 plus years old in mint condition . Thanks for the offer of help. Nice to see people go the extra mile .

I got a pair of Oakleys for free (Radarlock, I think) from a vendor, and they've been absolutely amazing for mountain biking.

I'm on my 4th or 5th pair of Oak's and they are my preferred work and riding sunglasses with never an issue about cracking or build quality. Hopefully their office treats you well.

I had a pair of blades and they lasted a long long time.

I have a pair of the original Straight Jackets, with flames on them, that are roughly 14 years old. One pair of Ray Bans, and then this year I finally got another pair of custom Jupiter Squared's. Matte Black with Gunmetal O logo and Black Iridium Polarized lenses... love em.

Took them back today .The owner of the store said I abused them . Said I could have broken them when I took them apart . Anyways he said $20 for sending them back to Oakley to see what they say .

Last year I bought prescription Serengeti glasses for $750 . For the last twenty years I have been spending 350 every other year on sunglasses .

I didn`t really care for his attitude . It`s time to move on after this transaction is over .

Took them back today .The owner of the store said I abused them . Said I could have broken them when I took them apart . Anyways he said $20 for sending them back to Oakley to see what they say .

Last year I bought prescription Serengeti glasses for $750 . For the last twenty years I have been spending 350 every other year on sunglasses .

I didn`t really care for his attitude . It`s time to move on after this transaction is over .
They won't even make sunglasses in my prescription. My only option is Adidas ones that have small rx lenses on the nose bridge. They told me minimum of $500. The non sporty style were $800. Sticking with my Transitions and Easy clips.
Oh, and I hope it works out well. Maybe next place to go would be @loneronin's family place.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom