no idea what's going on with my bike... PLEASE HELP!! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

no idea what's going on with my bike... PLEASE HELP!!

Bad gas. There are a few independently owned stations around and buy gas wherever it's cheap. A few years ago one station bought a load of gas that was laced with industrial solvents. A few cars ended up with seized engines. Shouldn't be a problem at known brand stations.

I had a car that did the same as the OP's bike but it had points and the rub block was worn. It needed RPMs to float the points a bit so stalled at idle. I assume the bike in question has a more modern ignition system.

carb isuue

more than likely.....probably a good strip down and clean would do it wonders, new O rings, check float level, and a bench sync with a proper carb sync afterwards, this is a 7 year old bike

PO has this been your bike since new or did you purchase used, and has this problem been around for a while, or has it just started

based on that a simple addition of seafoam to your tank might clean up the inards of the carbs, you can also if you have one change the fuel filter, in case it's clogged up, and if you don't have one install an inline one, but one that has good flow and does not restrict gas flow as that can cause fuel starvation, and as mentioned change plugs, they are cheap and do them just in case....

Sounds like the clutch safety switch may be misbehaving or your levers are not correct and do not have the tang to engage the plunger

13adjuster2-_annotate.jpg

info here
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Checking_the_clutch_safety_switch

OP was the bike dropped on the left or have the levers been replaced????

On the Vstrom it causes almost exactly the issue you describe - dies on deceleration to a stop. Starts immediately.

In the case of the Vstrom its all tangled up with the computer control of the fuel and even senses the gear so POS - it will run but not all that well and dies just as described but not all the time.
Not sure if it's similar on the Ninja. Real pain tho.

Wow, this came out of left field, xlent catch David! Also, picture background doesn't show coffee shop or cafe/patio setting/pie. Is everything ok?

I do not believe this much help would have been offered if thread was started by an ugly white guy as opposed to a cute black fox. Will test theory soon.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I do not believe this much help would have been offered if thread was started by an ugly white guy

So your saying you should start a thread asking for help? HAAAA...... *Bada Bing*
Likewise I don't think I would get much help if I started complaining about my KTM :lmao: (Maybe some suggestions to spray it with propane)

My wife's ninja 250 was doing the same thing, intermittent stalling, poor idle and throttle response. Checked and adjusted the valves, cleaned and synched the carbs, no more problems.
It's not the gas. It is not the gas. :D

So it's NOT the gas?? ?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

No way! It's common knowledge the world over, 250 ninjas premix at 3:1.

Back
Top Bottom