Pit Bull trailer restraint question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pit Bull trailer restraint question

doozerdave

Site Supporter
Can somebody with a Pit Bull trailer restraint do me a favour? Could you measure the how far back from the bike the restraint sticks out? The farthest point is likely the red handle. Basically I need to know how my space behind the bike I'm going to need. If it doesn't fit I guess I can always mount them backwards but that's a bit less convenient to use.

Thanks!

Do you have a wheel chock you can use to hold the bike in place while you drill the holes for the base plate?

Yes. I don't have them yet though. We're currently looking at a toy hauler and it's a close fit, but looks like we'll have enough room to fit the restraints. Just want to be sure. I'd rather have them at the back so they're not in the way when sitting at the dinner table. LOL...

Yeah. I guess knowing that the bikes themselves fit is good enough. We can make it work either way.

If you have yourself 12" that would be a pretty safe measurement. They don't sit much further back than your tail section.

I measured just under 4 inches from the back of the rear tire to the end of the handle. 190/55 if that matters.

Perfect, thanks for the info.

Good point about the tail, dricked. I need to consider my dirt bike in this too. Still I think its tail is just back to the rear wheel, not farther.

Back
Top Bottom