New rider, saying hello and looking for rider friends | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider, saying hello and looking for rider friends

TeeOZ

Hello all,

I just started riding late this summer. So far it's been a blast. I am looking for a place to learn from others, share my journey and make riding friends!

Also, would love to know how long folks ride and get confident before they take an advanced course, or perhaps go to a track friendly for adventurous newbies...

Cheers,
TeeOZ

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Curious about the track thing too, was testing my leans during the m1 course dual circle exercise and was able to do it at speed but the bumpy / hole ridden parking lot doesn't instill confidence.

Also learned that shifting gears while leaning equals your foot meeting the road for the most part.

So many replies! Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I am riding a Yamaha FZ6R. After getting my M2 in July through Riders, I got a cheap GS500f. It was a great ride, perfect to learn on, but it had been fairly beat up. Seemed like it might have been many a persons first bike! I had to change some bulbs (switched to LED) and it rattled a fair bit. After riding for a couple of months, I figured this is going to be long term hobby, it is so much fun, so I got a 2014 demo FZ6R with 2,500 km on the odometer.

It is worlds smoother (partially because of inline 4 vs twin, I'm guessing), got a bit more kick, and does not rattle like the first bike did ;) I have to admit though, it sounded better than the inline 4. Which is more angry mosquito like to me :)

I was a bit concerned about the inline 4 being too much power, but the engine is detuned and the throttle is very easy to modulate so I never feel like I am getting in over my head

I am in the Ossington and Dundas area, and ride to work just south of the airport. Once in a while I will go for a ride around the city too. I'm wondering if there are relaxing and fun routes around the city to go to. Not a speed demon, more for just a relaxing ride with a bit of adventure.

Let me know if anyone else is interested, perhaps other beginners too?

Back
Top Bottom