anyone rebuild goldwing carbs gta or ont? | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone rebuild goldwing carbs gta or ont?

i know 1 guy outa london, just wondering if there is anyone else,

haven't been to gw king in a bit but didn't do it at the time

i know 1 guy outa london, just wondering if there is anyone else,

haven't been to gw king in a bit but didn't do it at the time
Check with them again. Robert (?) that used to work at Rocket is there now. Maybe things have changed?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

What's special about Goldwing carbs?

i'm not aware of anyone in ont who rebuilds them or has any track record to go by,

folks in the states, you know what you are dealing with, but then you have border scenarios,

dude outa london who i found out about recently sez he's done ~ 6 sets, he offers ultrasonic

Last edited:
There are plenty of people in the GTA who rebuild carbs. CV carbs are generally dirt simple... unless Goldwing carbs have some unusual features that make it complicated?

dunno if they are more complicated than others, given a choice, i'd prefer dealing with folks who know & do them, got some contact info?

dude outa london advertises mtly in a reputable vintage rag & i think has ~ 40 years experience, so that's something to go by and guarantees his work,

he can also be checked out on the net

Last edited:
stumbled on this thread
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...50K-Restomod&p=2345497&viewfull=1#post2345497
I gave up and sent them out to be cleaned and rebuilt. I didn't have the tools (ultrasonic cleaner) to get this much grime off. 70s Cycles in East York did a great job. Tai is a solid dude.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...50K-Restomod&p=2345586&viewfull=1#post2345586
the rebuild was 160 for parts, and 250 for ultrasonic cleaning and rebuild from 70s Cycles.

guy in london is gofastultrasonic, facebook page seems to be down

Last edited:
I've seen lots of bodged up Goldwing carbs... after they have been supposedly rebuilt. Typically leaking vacuum through shaft bushes that didn't get replaced (They don't come in the kit and you have to know what to look for).

Stick with someone that knows the carbs.
My recommendation is to contact Bent Bikes, 905 273 3717, and see if you can get Stevie to rebuild your carbs for you. It won't be $100, nor done tomorrow. (Steve has an ultra sonic parts cleaner, I know 'cuz I gave him mine when I got a bigger one).

What year Wing is it ? They shouldn't be too complicated to rebuild / clean / setup.

I've had carbs that were cleaned in that ultrasonic bath - but still ran like crap, I just rebuild them / cleaned them out the old fashion way and it ran like a champ after. (SV650 and a old FZR600)

cost? tia
Just speaking with Paul @ GoldWingKing. They do it here. Says the kits are year specific. Give him a call. 647-352-7133

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

What's special about Goldwing carbs?

I did a set of Gold Wing carbs a few years ago. I don't recall what year, late 80's probably.

The carbs I did were a little different;
The slides don't rely on a diaphragm, instead they have machined surface with compound grooves forming a labyrinth seal with a tight tolerance between the slide and the carb body.
The slides move on a central bushing rather than the body of the slide against the body of the carb. These bushings need to be in good shape to prevent contact between the slide and the carb body.
The carbs don't come out as a set and have an involved set of linkages. You can't really do a good bench synch before installing them.

The jets, tubes, needles and pilots were either too large, worn or plugged and had to be replaced. The slide bushing were good. I'm pretty sure I got all the parts from a place in Cambridge. (Sirius?)

You can't really do a good bench synch before installing them.

folks in the biz include that, as i understand gets it real close,

1200s use diaphragms, dunno about 1500s

Last edited:
Randakk's used to be really good http://www.randakks.com/ but he is so busy with the parts side of the business that he no longer provides service, just the kits.

I have heard great things about CBXtras from a few of the CVMG guys although I have never personally used their services. They are in Michigan so you would have to ship them - cbxtras@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom