Devils Triangle, Tennessee | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Devils Triangle, Tennessee

I like Wayah. Hate the ride to the Triangle, although I like the road. Mighty hot and boring on a supersport.

Dude you need to ease up on the kms per day lol. This is turning into an iron butt ride.
Everyday your like "hey guys here's a new road and it's only 1 extra hour". holy crap man an extra hour to a 10 hour day is alot.
I'm gonna need alot of whiskey im thinking to numb the butt after this one :(

ever ridden this one? if not we are going to and it's an out 'n back for us.
https://goo.gl/maps/tq0mZ

Done it, out and back. TN32 is a really tight gnarly thing with next to no traffic, because it doesn't really go anywhere. It's paved (and good condition last time I was there) on the TN side and gravel on the NC side (only about 1 mile) but the gravel looks reeeeeeally ugly and rough. I had no desire to try it on a sport bike with road tires. But ... Turning around at the state line and going back is such a terrible thing to have to do. (Not!) If you go through the NC gravel part of it, you either end up at a power plant beside Interstate 40, or miles and miles of gravel back roads. On a proper dual sport (not a bloated ADV bike that weighs 18 tons) those roads are likely a blast. On sport tires ... No!

I also think you are overestimating the daily distance you can do on the really tight roads. They are really tiring. 250 - 300 km per day is enough for me but I'm not a cross country touring rider ...

Dude you need to ease up on the kms per day lol. This is turning into an iron butt ride.
Everyday your like "hey guys here's a new road and it's only 1 extra hour". holy crap man an extra hour to a 10 hour day is alot.
I'm gonna need alot of whiskey im thinking to numb the butt after this one :(
no worries.. no iron but type stuff like I've done before - the days will be planned for 8 hrs riding time. Most days are like that except one of the last days. If we stop along the way for whatever then we can always cut stuff out to make it back at a reasonable hour.

I won't lead you astray;)
And I also hear you Brian - long days of very twisty roads are taxing. We're not on sportbikes, so it's a bit more comfortable, but still taxing anyways. I did the whole gravel part of TN32 - it leads back down to NC276 and is a crazy mountain road. 1st gear for almost the whole thing - but it was worth it for the experience.

Not taxing????
Yea 8 hours of throwing 600+ lb sport touring bikes around is super comfortable lol

+1, it takes its toll on these kind of roads. I actually went through the front tire much faster than the rear on a VFR1200 with spirited riding in those parts. Run a fresh set, squared off tires on twisty roads are irritating.

+1, it takes its toll on these kind of roads. I actually went through the front tire much faster than the rear on a VFR1200 with spirited riding in those parts. Run a fresh set, squared off tires on twisty roads are irritating.
Just put on a fresh set of Angel Gt's

ever ridden this one? if not we are going to and it's an out 'n back for us.
https://goo.gl/maps/tq0mZ

and here's a vid I found of the short gravel section on NC197 - the only gravel on the whole trip I think. If it's wet we no go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGhDzyvJ2ak

I rode 197 back in May and it was outstanding. The gravel part is a bit gnarley but we had not problems handing it with PR4s. The fact that part if it is gravel probably accounts for the lack of traffic on the fantastic paved parts. We did not see another vehicle and even had time for a photo opp.

dsc00601.jpg

dsc00603.jpg

Here's a short video of the gravel.

[video]https://youtu.be/HTE7iUfufWM[/video]

Did "The Rattler" in the spring, never heard of it before and found it by accident funny enough avoiding an accident lol.
I have it saved on my gps shane I'll check the routes and see if we are in the area ;)

Woo hoo - think I just found one day trip from Willville next week - lots of options to turn it into an awesome loop or just run it in reverse - in fact might even be better - some of these roads are a lot more fun on a second go round

Back
Top Bottom