Speeding ticket question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding ticket question

油井緋色

Site Supporter
A friend got a speeding ticket for doing 20 over.

The cop first stopped a person in front of the friend. He then let that person go, the signaled my friend to pull over. The person in front was clearly speeding.

The officer's notes are nearly illegible (I requested they be typed wtf).

What are my options now? Court date is in November.

油井緋色;2346268 said:
A friend got a speeding ticket for doing 20 over.

The cop first stopped a person in front of the friend. He then let that person go, the signaled my friend to pull over. The person in front was clearly speeding.

The officer's notes are nearly illegible (I requested they be typed wtf).

What are my options now? Court date is in November.

Nothing. It's your friend's problem.

20 over,

the car in front was likely a cop, so they showed the badge and got a wave through to keep speeding and possibly even keep drinking while driving.

your friend was a victim of "get out there and give tickets... won't someone think of the children" so cop had to give a BS ticket to meet quota,
look good to supervisor and generate revenue for province.

what to do now? hire a professional to deal with it,
or go to court, try to explain you cannot read the evidence (cops notes) as it is illegible, leaving it to the judge's discretion to believe you and
allow for extra time for you to receive the typed notes etc.. likely will not happen.

you need a professional who will likely do their best to take up the court's time, thus forcing the prosecutor to just let the ticket go
in order to prosecute "bigger fish" with bigger tickets than a 20 over, rather than letting your lawyer take up a few hours arguing a minor ticket
thus potentially letting bigger tickets get away.

lol - exactly. Are you your friend?

No I'm not actually. I was in the car when it happened. Wanted to help her out​.

油井緋色;2347155 said:
No I'm not actually. I was in the car when it happened. Wanted to help her out​.

Pay for her lawyer, that way she knows you're really rich and can be used like a sugar daddy.

Wow this thread......full of dbs

Ok op dont panic. Seems like you already did a right thing and request a trial date.

Now file a disclousure if you havent done that.

If the discloure miss information, wait until one month before trial and request the missing info again.

Did you request a translator? Hope you did because this gives you better chance of having an separate date from their pool. ( they pool all tickets from the same officer into one date)

Prepare your defend from the disclosure. How did they measure your speed, if by radar make sure you have the calibration date of the radar.

There are few things will happen on your trial date :

+ cop no show, case dismiss

+ cop show but the disclosure is missing info, ask for your case to stay as you dont have enough time to prepare your defense. ( this is why the second request should be one month b4 trial date)

+ cop show up, got full disclosure, question the cop to remind the court of the event. Chances are he never reread his note and make some mistakes.

Lastly, if you got rescheduled a new trial date that is 11months from the offense date, request the case to be dismissed base on charter 11b.

Good luck. And never take plead from prosecutor. Your goal is to have the charge dropped. No conviction.

LOOL.

OP It would be best if you speak with a paralegal.

Its a waste of money to use paralegal. For a speeding ticket you can fight it yourself. Most paralegals will take plead if cop shows up. They also consider reduced fine as a "win"

Seriously if the cconviction is so bad only lawyer can help (stunt driving) .... Everything else you can go ask for a reduced fine yourself. (You can even do this over the phone).

The goal is to have a better chance of having no conviction, not reduced fine.

Already asked for the disclosure but can't read the notes.

油井緋色;2348722 said:
Already asked for the disclosure but can't read the notes.
You can file another disclosure and state the officers written notes are illegible and that they be type written. If you just show up and say the notes are illegible and request the chrge be dismissed the JP, (especially if they are havibg a bad day), will say you should have requested type written notes and not grant an adjournment, (he will adjourn for maybe half an hour, and direct the officer to explain the notes for you).

Last edited:
You can file another disclosure and state the officers written notes are illegible and that they be type written. If you just show up and say the notes are illegible and request the chrge be dismissed the JP, (especially if they are havibg a bad day), will say you should have requested type written notes and not grant an adjournment, (he will adjourn for maybe half an hour, and direct the officer to explain the notes for you).

Thanks.

Rest of the comments weren't very helpful lol

1 - show up to court. officer is there. the prosecutor will ask you to take a guilty plea for a reduced charge, most likely 10 over and no points.

2 - show up to court. officer is not present. tell prosecutor to pound sand and you plead not guilty. judge will dismiss the charge since no one is present to provide testimony against you.

1 - show up to court. officer is there. the prosecutor will ask you to take a guilty plea for a reduced charge, most likely 10 over and no points.

2 - show up to court. officer is not present. tell prosecutor to pound sand and you plead not guilty. judge will dismiss the charge since no one is present to provide testimony against you.
This info as given is a bit misleading. The crown offers the "reduced charge" at first attendance, (officer need not be present), If you plead not guilty at this point then a date for trial will be set.

If you choose not to accept the crowns offer, then plead not guilty a trial date is set and the "offer" is off the table, and if the speed was already reduced roadside by the officer, then your trial will be based upon the "actual speed"

Therefore, when you show up for your trial the crown will NOT offer a reduced plea. If the officer shows, you go to trial. If the officer doesn't show, (less likely these days, as court attendance is now, tracked and logged, and is part of an officers "performance" by the department). But if the officer doesn't show then your charge will be dismissed, (unless the crown asks for an adjournment and can provide a reasonable excuse for it, IE officer is off work injured etc).

Back
Top Bottom