Queensway / The West Mall | GTAMotorcycle.com

Queensway / The West Mall

LePhillou

Site Supporter
I just wanted to raise awareness to a huge pothole at the intersection which would mainly affect you if you take a weird line to turn left from WB Queensway towards SB the West Mall.

If you're not ready for it...it could be dangerous :)

since we're already kinda in the area...Westbound on ramp from Kipling to QEW when going north has ****ed up potholes right in the apex. I was hitting it nice, then it was a **** me moment, it can easily cause you to go tumbling on to the highway.

I'm not a TO resident so don't know if I can call to complain but someone should, its a fatality waiting to happen.

And another dangerous spot in the area:

If you are on 427 south off-ramp to Queensway - there's NO RIGHT ON RED at Queensway that is super easy to miss, and cops are there often (easy $ for them).

And another dangerous spot in the area:

If you are on 427 south off-ramp to Queensway - there's NO RIGHT ON RED at Queensway that is super easy to miss, and cops are there often (easy $ for them).

Amen... This one bears repeating. Even some locals are unaware of it. Also, if you are heading WB on the Queensway, sometimes they park with the lights off in the right lane, underneath the 427, trying to catch those right turners on red (it's a 2-cop trap ). Hard to spot, but you could end up kissing the trunk if you're not paying attention. Once I barely noticed the cruiser in time while caging it and was barely able to get outta the way without making it a desperate maneuvre. I did give them a blast of the Chinautilus for being *****, though :cool:

Amen... This one bears repeating. Even some locals are unaware of it. Also, if you are heading WB on the Queensway, sometimes they park with the lights off in the right lane, underneath the 427, trying to catch those right turners on red (it's a 2-cop trap ). Hard to spot, but you could end up kissing the trunk if you're not paying attention. Once I barely noticed the cruiser in time while caging it and was barely able to get outta the way without making it a desperate maneuvre. I did give them a blast of the Chinautilus for being *****, though :cool:

This is an interesting scenario, because I'm sure you guys have also noted that they're often there late in the day. Once the sun starts to set, the "no right on red" sign gets harder to see. At night, it's not illuminated and not that obvious. I wonder if that's a viable defense?

This is an interesting scenario, because I'm sure you guys have also noted that they're often there late in the day. Once the sun starts to set, the "no right on red" sign gets harder to see. At night, it's not illuminated and not that obvious. I wonder if that's a viable defense?

As long as the sign is posted as per the rules and regs, it's fair game even though, yes, it is hard to see and many out of towners (or even locals) miss it.

The scenario I was referring to was more about the hazard of a ghostmarked cruiser, sitting in the dark, in a live lane, with its lights off.

Yup...have seen them parked there many many times....unfortunately they still manage to catch someone each and every time. Patience people. And read the signs!

As for them being underneath the bridge...I typically see them parked on the grass, not in a live lane. Then the other guy is parked either in front of the Home Depot on Queensway, or in b/w the trees on the HD lot. Then he just walks down to stop the person that made the turn illegally.

Yup...have seen them parked there many many times....unfortunately they still manage to catch someone each and every time. Patience people. And read the signs!

As for them being underneath the bridge...I typically see them parked on the grass, not in a live lane. Then the other guy is parked either in front of the Home Depot on Queensway, or in b/w the trees on the HD lot. Then he just walks down to stop the person that made the turn illegally.

Depends on the cop.. Since I've observed them in the live lane, I wanted to post up the warning since they're not easy to spot, with lights off, in the dark, underneath a bridge, which I see as a safety issue.

Depends on the cop.. Since I've observed them in the live lane, I wanted to post up the warning since they're not easy to spot, with lights off, in the dark, underneath a bridge, which I see as a safety issue.

Definite safety issue. Will keep an eye out as I basically pass by there fairly often.

Contact 311. They will put in an emergency repair request and have someone look after it right away if you describe it as noted above.

Back
Top Bottom