Bike was Stolen | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike was Stolen

Last summer I went to get gas, paid debit at the pump. Filled it up and left, never grabbed my receipt.
Few hours later there's an OPP at my door, the station attendant said I gassed up and didn't pay, I had no receipt. The OPP followed me to my bank to see a printout showing my gas debit purchase.
I now grab the receipt. Lol

Well thar ya go! I also take, and save my fuel receipts.... Proof of Purchase.

Let's say the feds come to your door and accuse you of a serious crime on a certain day, at a certain time... You have a fuel receipt for that same time... Well 'heeeellllloooooo'... sorry but you've got the wrong guy...

Always... always, take and keep your receipt. It's Proof that you have paid for what you have purchased. It's just common sense!

To update and reply to some of the nonsensical replies here, I fought them to the end rejected every offer they made in between. I didn't need a damn receipt for the exhaust when I clearly had proof that the exhaust was on my bike the day I insured my bike, photos were sent to the insurance rep as she requested in order to insure my bike. Some hit the nail on the head here when they said they will low ball you at first... and they did. 9 months later they had another adjuster call me to settle and wanted me to bring her "up to date" (as if she hadn't already known, BS). I told her I wasn't accepting their scam for an offer until they paid for the value of the bike and the aftermarket exhaust. I sent them numerous ads of very similar bikes for sale on the net to get a market value for the bike and prices for the exhaust from different retailers. They paid $1,600 more than they initially offered.

Moral of the story: don't be intimidated by the insurance companies and never accept their first offer.

Glad to hear it worked out. Sticking to your guns made a substantial difference.

Yes you can request another adjuster. I JUST did with TD. Back in early Jul I was clipped on my highway bar by a road rager in my lane passing on the right, (Obvious dick he had both side mirrors tucked in so obviously drives VERY close to other vehicles). He then told his insurer I had hit him, (while lane splitting), and then fled the accident scene, (same reported to police). Unfortunately, for him I have a GoPro mounted front AND back of my bike and caught everythign except the side hit on camera, (but you can see the camera jolt, as he hit me, yes I stayed up)

TD adjuster calls and starts accusing me of this and that, and not reporting the collision. I advised it was reported to collision reporting center, and I called TD after and was told due to no damage no need to file a claim with TD. Long story short she was a b itch at best. I asked for a new adjuster. Her supervisior never actioned my request so I called customer care, (staffed by managers). In the end I got a supervisor to handle my "claim" (note the original adjuster had already assigned me 50% fault and it was attached to my insurance profile as well as listed as at fault on my DL abstract). I sent the supervisor a very short clip from both videos. She reviewed called me back 15 minutes later to advise TD had advised his insurer they were classing it as 0% at fault for me 100% at fault for him, and correcting abstract and insurance profile.

Now the real fun will begin, as I have obtained his info from insurer, and will be this week filing a claim in small claims court for damages, resulting from his false accusations and damaging statements.

So request a new adjuster.

I like this. Good show, gotta love the go pro.

When looking for advice about dealing with insurance companies give your broker a call, chances are they may know your adjuster and be able to offer up some good advice on how to deal with both.

Back
Top Bottom