Bike was Stolen | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike was Stolen

My single (so far) insurance claim was with State Farm and my experience was the same. They took into account more than just my exhaust, but there were exceptions (Corbin seat was one).
I hope you went and removed the seat out of your bike. The truck driver told me where my bike was and I removed everything i could before the adjuster got to the bike

I hope you went and removed the seat out of your bike. The truck driver told me where my bike was and I removed everything i could before the adjuster got to the bike

Nah, I bought the bike back and rode it as it was to Deal's Gap the next week

I parked underground thinking it might rain or something and the parking down there is always available.

Sucks for the loss but you just bent over and presented your *** for the taking...A nearly 15 year old mint GSXR is hard to come by and that was a really nice colour scheme.

Was this the Loblaws at Lakeshore/Lower Jarvis?

Nope. If he was paying rates for a 3000 bike, but then put a 1000 exhaust on it, a 800 custom paint job, upgraded the suspension etc and THEN tried to ask insurance for the 6 grand he had in it they would balk. He paid the rates for the stock bike, why would they give him more?

No a fallacy at all, just math. It's not wrong to upgrade, but if I was going to try and claim it I'd make sure insurance knew about it.

Hardcore mods - totally different story.

I wasn't trying to say they can't get anything from insurance for those mods. Like you said as long as insurance is aware of them. Just saying that mods do not increase the value of your bike. ;)

I wasn't trying to say they can't get anything from insurance for those mods. Like you said as long as insurance is aware of them. Just saying that mods do not increase the value of your bike. ;)
Technically you are right, they will calculate the amount your bike is worth and then add extra for your mods and gear (if any got damaged) but at the end of the day forgetting technicalities, overall you are getting more money in your pocket for your bike due to the mods.

Sucks for the loss but you just bent over and presented your *** for the taking...A nearly 15 year old mint GSXR is hard to come by and that was a really nice colour scheme.

Was this the Loblaws at Lakeshore/Lower Jarvis?

Where should one park their bike when going to Loblaws?

Where should one park their bike when going to Loblaws?
Out in the parking lot on a concrete Island. If that's not possible, close to the store on the curb. I shop with my bike alot & that's what I normally do

Out in the parking lot on a concrete Island. If that's not possible, close to the store on the curb. I shop with my bike alot & that's what I normally do
Oh I just park in a normal spot like is legal. Parking tickets put me off of parking on islands and curbs a bit. If the lot happens to be underground I have no issue.

I never park in regular parking spots. If I do, I park far away close to an island

Things haven't been going the greatest with the insurance. I have an incredibly busy schedule. I sleep 5-6 hrs a day, I work full time, and attend uni full time. I have breakfast, bagel and coffee, on my way to school, and lunch is usually missed. When the adjuster and I finally caught one another she had somewhat of an attitude because we were playing phone tag and because I said sorry I don't have time at the moment when she said she's going to ask me questions and it's going to take 45min to 1 hour. That's insane! Anyhow, I called her numerous times afterwards and every adjuster I spoke to said they don't have time at the moment and said I have to schedule with the assigned lady (who never picks up). I'll try again on Monday and will have to wake up an hr early to catch her since she leaves at 4pm although their department closes at 7pm. Worst case scenario I will request (if I'm permitted in doing so) a new adjuster that works past 4pm where usually I am available between 5 and 7pm for an hour.

Has anyone with the unfortunate experience of losing their bike/car dealt with being interrogated for an hour? So our vehicles get stolen and we're grilled for an hour lol. Can't they just send me a questionnaire or pamphlet to answer all their questions, sign it, and send it back.

Yes you can request another adjuster. I JUST did with TD. Back in early Jul I was clipped on my highway bar by a road rager in my lane passing on the right, (Obvious dick he had both side mirrors tucked in so obviously drives VERY close to other vehicles). He then told his insurer I had hit him, (while lane splitting), and then fled the accident scene, (same reported to police). Unfortunately, for him I have a GoPro mounted front AND back of my bike and caught everythign except the side hit on camera, (but you can see the camera jolt, as he hit me, yes I stayed up)

TD adjuster calls and starts accusing me of this and that, and not reporting the collision. I advised it was reported to collision reporting center, and I called TD after and was told due to no damage no need to file a claim with TD. Long story short she was a b itch at best. I asked for a new adjuster. Her supervisior never actioned my request so I called customer care, (staffed by managers). In the end I got a supervisor to handle my "claim" (note the original adjuster had already assigned me 50% fault and it was attached to my insurance profile as well as listed as at fault on my DL abstract). I sent the supervisor a very short clip from both videos. She reviewed called me back 15 minutes later to advise TD had advised his insurer they were classing it as 0% at fault for me 100% at fault for him, and correcting abstract and insurance profile.

Now the real fun will begin, as I have obtained his info from insurer, and will be this week filing a claim in small claims court for damages, resulting from his false accusations and damaging statements.

So request a new adjuster.

Things haven't been going the greatest with the insurance. I have an incredibly busy schedule. I sleep 5-6 hrs a day, I work full time, and attend uni full time. I have breakfast, bagel and coffee, on my way to school, and lunch is usually missed. When the adjuster and I finally caught one another she had somewhat of an attitude because we were playing phone tag and because I said sorry I don't have time at the moment when she said she's going to ask me questions and it's going to take 45min to 1 hour. That's insane! Anyhow, I called her numerous times afterwards and every adjuster I spoke to said they don't have time at the moment and said I have to schedule with the assigned lady (who never picks up). I'll try again on Monday and will have to wake up an hr early to catch her since she leaves at 4pm although their department closes at 7pm. Worst case scenario I will request (if I'm permitted in doing so) a new adjuster that works past 4pm where usually I am available between 5 and 7pm for an hour.

Has anyone with the unfortunate experience of losing their bike/car dealt with being interrogated for an hour? So our vehicles get stolen and we're grilled for an hour lol. Can't they just send me a questionnaire or pamphlet to answer all their questions, sign it, and send it back.

Last edited:
Yes you can request another adjuster. I JUST did with TD. Back in early Jul I was clipped on my highway bar by a road rager in my lane passing on the right, (Obvious dick he had both side mirrors tucked in so obviously drives VERY close to other vehicles). He then told his insurer I had hit him, (while lane splitting), and then fled the accident scene, (same reported to police). Unfortunately, for him I have a GoPro mounted front AND back of my bike and caught everythign except the side hit on camera, (but you can see the camera jolt, as he hit me, yes I stayed up)

TD adjuster calls and starts accusing me of this and that, and not reporting the collision. I advised it was reported to collision reporting center, and I called TD after and was told due to no damage no need to file a claim with TD. Long story short she was a b itch at best. I asked for a new adjuster. Her supervisior never actioned my request so I called customer care, (staffed by managers). In the end I got a supervisor to handle my "claim" (note the original adjuster had already assigned me 50% fault and it was attached to my insurance profile as well as listed as at fault on my DL abstract). I sent the supervisor a very short clip from both videos. She reviewed called me back 15 minutes later to advise TD had advised his insurer they were classing it as 0% at fault for me 100% at fault for him, and correcting abstract and insurance profile.

Now the real fun will begin, as I have obtained his info from insurer, and will be this week filing a claim in small claims court for damages, resulting from his false accusations and damaging statements.

Did the police charge this guy with insurance fraud or something?

Also this is such a great reason why you should get a gopro /dashcam for your motorcycle /vehicle.

I'm honestly surprised that modern day vehicle s (it would be hard to see this happen with bikes) don't come standard with them...

Last edited:
No charges, and I asked TD what they were going to "do" for me against this obvious fraud. Their reply is this is what they call "conflicting versions"... Funny thing is the video shows HIM fleeing the scene in the wrong lane causing other vehicles onto the shoulder to avoid head on. It was rush hour heading west just east of Standard auto wreckers on Steeles ave E.

I also had an independent witness, who stopped at next light to offer to act as witness, (was car directly behind him). Niether cops nor insurance were interested in talking to him. Officers at CR centers just take reports they will NOT investigate. Guess I should have let bike fall down and claimed i was injured then police would have had to attend the scene...

Did the police charge this guy with insurance fraud or something?

Also this is such a great reason why you should get a gopro /dashcam for your motorcycle /vehicle.

I'm honestly surprised that modern day vehicle s (it would be hard to see this happen with bikes) don't come standard with them...

No charges, and I asked TD what they were going to "do" for me against this obvious fraud. Their reply is this is what they call "conflicting versions"... Funny thing is the video shows HIM fleeing the scene in the wrong lane causing other vehicles onto the shoulder to avoid head on. It was rush hour heading west just east of Standard auto wreckers on Steeles ave E.

I also had an independent witness, who stopped at next light to offer to act as witness, (was car directly behind him). Niether cops nor insurance were interested in talking to him. Officers at CR centers just take reports they will NOT investigate. Guess I should have let bike fall down and claimed i was injured then police would have had to attend the scene...
That's a little ridiculous....

That's a little ridiculous....

Hence the lawsuit I am filing. It will hurt him more in the pocket book especially now that his insurance rates will increase. Just a lesson never assume the other party doesn't have video of an incident. He is an idiot when his adjuster called me (and demanded the video), I told her where to go and how to get there, then said perhaps she should advise her client as he may want to adjust his story given the video and independent witness.

Had he changed his story and fessed up I would have let it drop right there. Now let's see how he likes paying. When the civil litigation medation process begins I will settle for 50%, as it is more about the lesson then the money. Been down this road before and most defendents will settle at 50% at the first mediation negotiation.

Good to know. I'm dealing with TD as well, and don't think I'll be using them next time. I will likely request a new adjuster. My time is just as valuable as theirs, and to attempt to belittle me because I had no time to be interrogated for a straight hour when she called or unable to take calls while in class or working is ridiculous. At the end of the day I'm going to get paid full value for my bike since that's what I was paying for and was covered for.

To add insult to injury I have to pay the $500 deductible and $480 for the balance of the remainder of the insurance. Pretty much fukced me and they're benefiting pretty well. I'm sure most, if not all, insurance company's carry the same ****** policy.

You should never have to pay deductible for a hit and run if the other vehicle can be identified... Or at least that's what I was told be state farm once.

Excellent Hedo, first for sorting out the insurance bitchez, and for sorting out this clown. Keep us updated how it goes.

I spoke in detail with the adjuster and informed them that my bike had a full akropovic exhaust and a power commander. I was told I need to provide them with an invoice which I think is absurd considering most people don't even keep invoices. I have pictures of the akropovic exhaust on my bike (pic is taken from afar though) and I have text messages back and forth with techfreke of when he was servicing my bike where he mentioned it was pretty kool that I had a power commander on my bike. Still, I was told I needed to provide invoices - wtf type of shyt is that? My bike gets stolen and I'm treated as if I stole my own bike.
Anyone get reimbursed for aftermarket upgrades where they did not have invoices for them??

If I'm not paid fair value can I pursue the matter through small claims?

Back
Top Bottom