Bike was Stolen | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike was Stolen

OmegaBravo7

Went into Loblaws and came out to find my bike gone. Sitting waiting for the cops to show. Any idea when to expect them since I have to leave for work?

Whichever loser took it I hope they choke on it or crash it rendering them paralyzed for life. Leaches always expect to make gains off the efforts and sweat of others.

Are chances good to recover stolen bikes?

Will insurance give me a hard time in terms of making out proper payment/value for the replacement of the bike? Any tips?

2002 GSXR750 Red and Black absolutely mint condition with many upgrades including brand new tires and full akrapovic system

I mean this bike was MINT*

Fukcing sucks.

Sorry to hear that man :/ Usually thieves take it to strip dowm the parts and sell them so chances arent too great I'm afraid. Ill keep an eye out but I think insurance should be able to help a lot!

Sorry about the bike. Everyone's worst nightmare.
Just tell insurance it was a bone stock gsxr. They don't care about the mods and may try to use that against you.

Did you forget the key on the bike? I can't imagine someone drive a van around to randomly pick up a bike. .... In a busy parking lot too.

Thanks buds.

I thought upgrades added value to a bike and would be recoverable. I have pics and receipts for proof, but if that's going to be held against me then perhaps I should hold back? Had a power commander too, sheeeeeiiiit!!!

Key was not in the bike, no way. And it's far from a busy parking lot. The upper, main level, is busy. I parked underground thinking it might rain or something and the parking down there is always available. Main level outide, upstairs, you have to park far from entrance which I don't mind but preferred bike closer to entrance/exit of store.

Keep receipts for recent "legitimate" items such as tires and that will help in the payout price but I would say anything about mods as they may drop you/your because of them.

Last edited:
I thought upgrades added value to a bike and would be recoverable.
That's a common misconception.

There was a recent post in here or the insurance section about riders being dropped/turned down by insurance because they had install 'performance modifications' like after market exhausts. Just tell them it was a stock GSXR.

Keep recipes for recent "legitimate" items such as tires and that will help in the payout price but I would say anything about mods as they may drop you/your because of them.

There was a recent post in here or the insurance section about riders being dropped/turned down by insurance because they had install 'performance modifications' like after market exhausts. Just tell them it was a stock GSXR.

Great to know bros, glad I checked here first

Where is this, OP?

toronto

I've been waiting for quite a while for cops to show although I'm sure every single one is attending an emergency, but I have to go to work. If I leave for work will it have a negative impact with insurance? Will they say you are reporting it too late or wondering why I didn't wait for cops to show? Can't lose my job over this man.

By the way, are they currently at least even looking for the bike based on the info I gave them over the phone?

Last edited:
By the way, are they currently at least even looking for the bike based on the info I gave them over the phone?
Highly unlikely. Are there any video cameras there? From your description it sounds like you parked in a parking garage? If so there should be some cameras. Get the number for property management/ security and give them a call to secure any footage.

If you've reported it to police then go to work. Like you said can't lose your job. If the police gave you a number to call them at call them and tell them you're going to work. Best of luck.

Last edited:
If you gave all pertinent details to the police over the phone, then that should be good enough for your Ins. Co. What would the cops do when/if they were to show anyways? Not too much... There's no point for them to come out. Report it and carry on...

Sorry my man, a stolen 13 y/o motorcycle is prob not on their 'priority' list... Can't imagine they would have valuable resources searching for a needle in a haystack... It's prolly stripped by now anyways... Sorry to be blunt, but that's the life of a stolen bike...

Sorry for your loss. There are six red and black 2002 GSX-R 750's on Kijiji right now. One of them with an eyebrow raising ad. Go through all six of them. GTA thieves are very bold, and will list them on Kijiji. Hope you find your bike.

Nope. If he was paying rates for a 3000 bike, but then put a 1000 exhaust on it, a 800 custom paint job, upgraded the suspension etc and THEN tried to ask insurance for the 6 grand he had in it they would balk. He paid the rates for the stock bike, why would they give him more?

No a fallacy at all, just math. It's not wrong to upgrade, but if I was going to try and claim it I'd make sure insurance knew about it.

Hardcore mods - totally different story.

Where in Toronto? Down at lakeshore?

Been a while since I've heard of bikes being stolen street side.

Last edited:
State farm will pay for "performance" upgrades (only) you added to the bike even when those weren't reported. A minivan hit me from behind in 2010 and i was paid extra for my braided lines and exhaust. Pazzo levers and other stuff like that I wasn't reimbursed for. Not sure if other companies are the same.

Your best bet is to ask your insurance company and don't pay much attention to what you are told here, a lot of miss information given with good intent.

Last edited:
State farm will pay for "performance" upgrades (only) you added to the bike even when those weren't reported. A minivan hit me from behind in 2010 and i was paid extra for my braided lines and exhaust. Pazzo levers and other stuff like that I wasn't reimbursed for. Not sure if other companies are the same.

My single (so far) insurance claim was with State Farm and my experience was the same. They took into account more than just my exhaust, but there were exceptions (Corbin seat was one).

I have my KLR650 fully insured with TD. I asked the agent if I would be compensated for parts/accessories added to the bike if it was stolen. He said yes, and to keep all receipts of the parts I bought. I told him most of the parts (approx $1500) I had already purchased were brand new but bought off Kijiji so I wouldn't have all the receipts. He told me to take pictures of the bike from multiple angles with the parts installed and that it then wouldn't be a problem making a claim with out having receipts for the parts.

I'm not saying this is a written policy they have but it is what I was told by my agent. This is also for non-performance type accessories, as they did ask me if the bike had any performance mods/upgrades when writing the policy.

I'm surprised they stole a bike older than 10 yrs

Back
Top Bottom