Can abs module be removed on a track bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can abs module be removed on a track bike?

Concac

Can i remove it and sell it as a track bike wont need it?

Should i? I'm thinking to convert a street bike to a track only bike.

Anything can help toward the fund for the project.

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes, but it takes some work. You'll have to switch pretty much all brake components out.

There may not be much of a market for ABS control modules and pumps. That stuff very rarely fails nowadays.

There may not be much of a market for ABS control modules and pumps. That stuff very rarely fails nowadays.

Almost none, I'd guess. Especially since most of the Bosch bikes seem to have the CM well protected. As for failing, have you seen them? Practically bullet-proof.

There's no reason that holds water, to disable the ABS on a track bike provided that it is a modern and good system. Plenty of excuses - but no reasons. The good ABS systems won't interfere with your normal riding ... and the ABS is there to bail you out if you make a mistake, just like on a street bike.

Some of the old ABS systems that were only capable of "on/off" operation and which sometimes false-triggered prematurely might have caused trouble, but I have a bike with a modern ABS system (KIBS, in this case) and I wouldn't think of disabling it. It doesn't chatter, it doesn't interfere when not needed, the bike just plain stops.

You haven't told us make/model/year ... it makes a difference ...

It sure does and my experience with modern ABS mirrors yours.

Many reported issues using ABS on the current zx10 while at the track. This is from regular joes at a track day. Probably why the race kit ecu removes it.

I don't know if I've ever had a situation on track where I would have needed it or wanted it.

The only time I would think it would be useful is on a wet track.
Although KTM's claimed "no crash" ABS could allow you to trail brake without any sort of skill and just let the computer do it for you. Not great for improving rider skill... same goes with high quality traction control systems. I'm sure there are lots of new track riders with S1000RR's that would highside to the moon if they tried to ride my ZX6R.

All the "no crash" really is was an update from Bosch that considers the telemetry package for lean angle. I doubt there is a whole lot of plus in it but ...

You can put all the computers you want on a motorcycle and people will still find a way to crash it.

No argument here. I've crashed a Trail 50 too. lol

Back
Top Bottom