M2 Exit Test - for full M license - what to expect? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Exit Test - for full M license - what to expect?

What a dick

Nah...I'd say he's spot on with the statement...sure a little bit of sarcasm but it's GTAM...it's expected and required for daily entertainment...

OP: What do I need to practice to get my M2?

Answer: Riding according to HTA rules and regulations.

OR

Go to a testing center and wait for motorcycle to come out and do their test and then follow them and watch. But I'd say practicing proper riding is the better solution here. Which reminds me I need to get my M as well...

EDIT: Thanks for the reminder...just booked the test next Wednesday at noon. You can follow me if you want OP to see the route. Burlington location.

Last edited:
Nah...I'd say he's spot on with the statement...sure a little bit of sarcasm but it's GTAM...it's expected and required for daily entertainment...

OP: What do I need to practice to get my M2?

Answer: Riding according to HTA rules and regulations.

OR

Go to a testing center and wait for motorcycle to come out and do their test and then follow them and watch. But I'd say practicing proper riding is the better solution here. Which reminds me I need to get my M as well...

EDIT: Thanks for the reminder...just booked the test next Wednesday at noon. You can follow me if you want OP to see the route. Burlington location.

Need to update your location? Or does T.O. scare you that much, that you need to do the test in Burlington to pass?

Need to update your location? Or does T.O. scare you that much, that you need to do the test in Burlington to pass?

LOL No... that was the soonest available. Otherwise it's Downsview location.

Lol.... You should get a 1000c SS to do the test. Its a walk in the park right

M2 Exit through the MTO can easily be passed on any bike whether its a GL 1800 or CBR 125 and everything between.

Straight-up answer without the sarcastic BS and silly assumptions about your riding ability:

1. As others have already stated: exaggerate your head movement to clearly demonstrate to the examiner that you're looking around. The hi-viz tape is a good idea. This is also the only "trick" to helping you pass because you could be observing traffic perfectly well but the examiner won't know it. I moved my head like crazy during and the examiner still marked me down 10 times for insufficient head movement. IMO there's too much emphasis on head movement but it is what it is.

2. The only other "trick" I've heard is to refuse to change lanes when asked to do so. The reasoning is that some examiners are so picky that they almost never consider it safe to change lanes. Therefore, if you refuse to change lanes because you felt it was "unsafe" then they have to pass you on that task. Personally, this wasn't my experience and I always changed lanes when I felt it was safe to do so.

3. Try to shed any "bad" habits. While not all habits are harmful, some people seem to believe that riding exactly according to the handbook is what makes you a good rider. This obviously includes the MTO so suck it up for a half hour and ride the way they want you to ride. One thing I do agree with is that a proficient rider should have no trouble passing the M2 exit test with a fair examiner.

4. No advice on location but I can tell you that the examiner at Downsview told me that they have a 60% fail rate. Take that how you will.

Good luck!

You don't have to post if you don't like to help. Its not about being awsome. Its about NOT being a dick

I fail to see any post from you that helps anyone on this forum.

"You don't have to post if you don't like to help". You posted - you didn't help - you didn't intend to help.

Thanks everyone for the tips. Just a little background: I'm not a complete noob. Been riding for 3+ years both on the street and at the track and have developed bad habits (gsxr rider) that involve putting the bike in neutral and keeping my right foot down all the time.. being lazy with my feet and other gsxr related issues.

I appreciate the advice on here (especially the insane amount of head movement necessary) and thanks to everyone who posted the test links and info there.

For those of you being *****, you better check yourself before you get wrecked by the banhammer... I've been on the forum longer than you think under different circumstances ;) For those of you that have been here long enough to remember the Tow Truck Driver wars... you know who I am.

Insane head movement isn't necessary. People here swing their heads that way and hope to luck out. What you need to look at are hazards along your route. Things like a shopping mall entrance, funeral parlour exit, ambulance and fire stations etc. I did my test I. Toronto and did an extra lane change, but I wouldn't advise that, I was being a smart *** on the test. Stop before the stop bar and not on it, 4 ways during the emergency stop if you have them, don't fall off on the big curve, flash your brake lights on ramps, don't hit anything. Highway part is normally one exit, they don't want you to kill yourself if you suck.

Last edited:
Insane head movement isn't necessary. People here swing their heads that way and hope to luck out. What you need to look at are hazards along your route. Things like a shopping mall entrance, funeral parlour exit, ambulance and fire stations etc. I did my test I. Toronto and did an extra lane change, but I wouldn't advise that, I was being a smart *** on the test. Stop before the stop bar and not on it, 4 ways during the emergency stop if you have them, don't fall off on the big curve, flash your brake lights on ramps, don't hit anything. Highway part is normally one exit, they don't want you to kill yourself if you suck.

Nail on the head.

For those of you being *****, you better check yourself before you get wrecked by the banhammer... I've been on the forum longer than you think under different circumstances ;) For those of you that have been here long enough to remember the Tow Truck Driver wars... you know who I am.

AT THE TRACK TOO! Since you're no doubt a pro at leaning, you should get a knee down during your test.

I can appreciate part of your post as a genuine thank you for those that offered advice, but the rest of it just spews that same "dick" rhetoric as the posts you're referring to.

AT THE TRACK TOO! Since you're no doubt a pro at leaning, you should get a knee down during your test.

I can appreciate part of your post as a genuine thank you for those that offered advice, but the rest of it just spews that same "dick" rhetoric as the posts you're referring to.

I think you should change your user name to "BagOfDicks"

Wow... you seem like a pretty cool guy.

Definitely. If you get your M, we should go for a ride together!

Ooh can I come too?!?! I Got my M as of this afternoon so I can ride with you guys! LoL

OP - test was easy and it was not very long at the Burlington location. Keep your head moving and listen for instructions. During the emergency stop they didn't even ask me to get off the bike they just wanted to see it parallel to the street with the stand out.

Highway - merge, one lane to the left, then go back to the right lane. Exit, and repeat on the way back.

A few times they ask you to change lanes, then change back.

all instructions are repeated twice and I put a ear plug in one ear and their speaker in the other to hear better.

i lost a few points for not checking blind spot but that was it. Head has to be clearly moving so just check malls, driveways and intersections.

Straight-up answer without the sarcastic BS and silly assumptions about your riding ability:

1. As others have already stated: exaggerate your head movement to clearly demonstrate to the examiner that you're looking around. The hi-viz tape is a good idea. This is also the only "trick" to helping you pass because you could be observing traffic perfectly well but the examiner won't know it. I moved my head like crazy during and the examiner still marked me down 10 times for insufficient head movement. IMO there's too much emphasis on head movement but it is what it is.

2. The only other "trick" I've heard is to refuse to change lanes when asked to do so. The reasoning is that some examiners are so picky that they almost never consider it safe to change lanes. Therefore, if you refuse to change lanes because you felt it was "unsafe" then they have to pass you on that task. Personally, this wasn't my experience and I always changed lanes when I felt it was safe to do so.

3. Try to shed any "bad" habits. While not all habits are harmful, some people seem to believe that riding exactly according to the handbook is what makes you a good rider. This obviously includes the MTO so suck it up for a half hour and ride the way they want you to ride. One thing I do agree with is that a proficient rider should have no trouble passing the M2 exit test with a fair examiner.

4. No advice on location but I can tell you that the examiner at Downsview told me that they have a 60% fail rate. Take that how you will.

Good luck!

+1 for this....

especially the head movement prior to ...I got dinged 4 times for over the shoulder on right turns MTO car was blocking lane for me used mirror instead,,,...3 times in residential for hazards and 2 times in industrial area... I know my eyes cleared the area before I rolled in about 5-8 sec before but head needs to turn.. the examiner told me exaggerate movements...

being able to understand examiner is key. Hearing instruction and focusing on doing was challenging - think of it as being in a new area unfamiliar and having a back seat driver!

terfed

Back
Top Bottom