2016 gsx-r 1000 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 gsx-r 1000

Obviously the recession didn't help matters, but Suzuki automotive pulled out of North America because of botched product planning - period. The rebadged Daewoo products that GM foisted on them should have been yanked from the market as soon as GM left the partnership, if not sooner, and "real" Suzuki products should have been brought back in. The general public saw the Daewoo underneath and wasn't fooled by the Suzuki badge. The Kizashi (a genuine Suzuki) was actually pretty good, but was far too little, too late.

The Suzuki Swift that they sold in that era was the same as a Chevrolet Aveo which was a renamed Daewoo, and was widely scorned. At the same time, the real Swift sold elsewhere in the world was reported to be pretty good, but we never got it.
The Kazashi was quite expensive for what the market offered. Quite different from the company philosophy who targeted the budget conscious consumer

And I thought I would never buy another sportbike. This is the first time I've been tempted to upgrade in 11 years... I just love my '04 too much. Would love to see this bike in all black.

Not really. There was a recession, Suzuki pulled out to survive. They pulled out their automotive dealerships in Canada because they wanted to survive. Now that the economy is showing growth they are back in the game. I believe that is a wise choice, there won't have been much sales anyway. Why spend so much on something that won't have a big audience.

Better to have survive that be bankrupt. Suzuki have a particular business practice & I can tell throughout the ages
Yet their stock remained and remains strong. They just have a different business philosophy in Japan than North America. It's funny, the Chinese have perfected the art of stealing (copying), yet the Japanese won't steal at all. If it was true that they were on the brink of financial destruction, in all this restructuring time, they should have been considering how and when to steal the GSX-R 1000 back from BMW. A BMW s1000r HP4 back in Suzuki paint with some innovative added features as well as Italian aesthetics. Imagine what that would look like? ! Take an RSV4 or F4 gas tank and rear clip from an RSV4 added to the Suzuki HP4 electronics... only made simple and less German (clinical). This new bike is nice. I want to see what that extra 15 hp feels like over my own... but it just doesn't cut it for 2016. It was time for radical change from Suzuki. They need to learn how to steal.. they were stolen from, so it can't be a Japanese honour thing. They'd be taking back from BMW what they already owned.

I'd think there must be room in the market for a slightly more economical sport bike, even if it's at the cost of electronic aids. That gsxr is still way more bike than you'd ever need on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet their stock remained and remains strong. They just have a different business philosophy in Japan than North America. It's funny, the Chinese have perfected the art of stealing (copying), yet the Japanese won't steal at all. If it was true that they were on the brink of financial destruction, in all this restructuring time, they should have been considering how and when to steal the GSX-R 1000 back from BMW. A BMW s1000r HP4 back in Suzuki paint with some innovative added features as well as Italian aesthetics. Imagine what that would look like? ! Take an RSV4 or F4 gas tank and rear clip from an RSV4 added to the Suzuki HP4 electronics... only made simple and less German (clinical). This new bike is nice. I want to see what that extra 15 hp feels like over my own... but it just doesn't cut it for 2016. It was time for radical change from Suzuki. They need to learn how to steal.. they were stolen from, so it can't be a Japanese honour thing. They'd be taking back from BMW what they already owned.

What did BMW steal from Suzuki? Bmw made a motor that was very undersquare compared to Suzukis bore and stroke, then they added electronics that Suzuki to this day does not have. Aesthitically they are not similar either.

They took the Suzuki design including frame configuration and built a bike that was similar in most aspects. BMW has said this themselves.

What did BMW steal from Suzuki? Bmw made a motor that was very undersquare compared to Suzukis bore and stroke, then they added electronics that Suzuki to this day does not have. Aesthitically they are not similar either.
I would bet you another dollar that BMW had lawyers input on what they could get away with without a copyright infringement lawsuit from Suzuki. Maybe that's the real reason for the asymmetrical headlights... to fool the eye and confuse the brain from telling you its an electronic GSX-R 1000 with a BMW sticker on it.

Last edited:
Hasn't like the last 50 years of motorcycling been the big four Japanese companies copying each others designs?

Hasn't like the last 50 years of motorcycling been the big four Japanese companies copying each others designs?

im glad nobody copied this:

pacificcoast_199011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom