2016 gsx-r 1000 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 gsx-r 1000

We'll see. I still think the L6 won't come with any changes. No updated 1000 until the '17 model year is what I predict.

billbored.gif

My French is not great, but I gather that they are claiming 200 CV ("metric horsepower") which is the same number everyone else is claiming. Supposedly cross-plane crankshaft (copying Yamaha!). Time will tell.

That 250 looks sweet. I wish they would remake the inline-4 250cc screamers of the 80's.

We'll see. Suzuki will have to bring an absolutely fettled 200hp+ weapon to compete against the top four bikes in the class right now... the current RSV4, R1, S1000RR, 1299 are all insanely capable bikes and make anything even a year old feel ... old. Hell, even the S1000RR feels old in the company of the others and it was just revised!

From what I hear, you won't see a new bike as a 2016 model but as a 2017 model released mid-year 2016. Heck, haven't they already released a 30th year commemorative model as a 2016 model with BNG? Good for Suzuki for finally joining this decade, I guess. Their MotoGP bike works alrite, so I suppose there is hope.

I know I'll take flak for saying it but the new RSV4 is currently the bargain of the bunch, a grand+ cheaper than the R1, looks a load better IMHO, has all the electronics, top-shelf components and more motor than anything else near it in price except, maybe, the BMW. It's a whole new bike, it doesn't even sound exactly the same, 32mm triple offsets, different rake/trail, revised swingarm, revised swingarm geometry, different motor height, completely new motor right down to the cases and the parts supplier (Pankl), new fairing design (no need for double bubble now). Piaggio management are idiots for not shouting it from rooftop to rooftop. No surprise there. I'll step off the soapbox now.

Also, totally agree with the sentiment of the 250cc screamers. I rode my friend's 250RR through Deal's Gap this spring and it was fan-freakin-tastic fun to ride. Super nimble and 18,000 rpm shifts certainly add to the experience. Riding 8,500 RPM at 65mph was a new experience, too. :D

We'll see. Suzuki will have to bring an absolutely fettled 200hp+ weapon to compete against the top four bikes in the class right now... the current RSV4, R1, S1000RR, 1299 are all insanely capable bikes and make anything even a year old feel ... old. Hell, even the S1000RR feels old in the company of the others and it was just revised!

From what I hear, you won't see a new bike as a 2016 model but as a 2017 model released mid-year 2016. Heck, haven't they already released a 30th year commemorative model as a 2016 model with BNG? Good for Suzuki for finally joining this decade, I guess. Their MotoGP bike works alrite, so I suppose there is hope.

I know I'll take flak for saying it but the new RSV4 is currently the bargain of the bunch, a grand+ cheaper than the R1, looks a load better IMHO, has all the electronics, top-shelf components and more motor than anything else near it in price except, maybe, the BMW. It's a whole new bike, it doesn't even sound exactly the same, 32mm triple offsets, different rake/trail, revised swingarm, revised swingarm geometry, different motor height, completely new motor right down to the cases and the parts supplier (Pankl), new fairing design (no need for double bubble now). Piaggio management are idiots for not shouting it from rooftop to rooftop. No surprise there. I'll step off the soapbox now.

Also, totally agree with the sentiment of the 250cc screamers. I rode my friend's 250RR through Deal's Gap this spring and it was fan-freakin-tastic fun to ride. Super nimble and 18,000 rpm shifts certainly add to the experience. Riding 8,500 RPM at 65mph was a new experience, too. :D

51768581.jpg

Last edited:
:D :D :D

Made my day. Have fun proving me wrong.

dcIR2gX.png

We really should reserve judgment until we see what Suzuki actually has up their sleeve, as opposed to what some artist thinks they might do.

It had better be good. Kaw has a new ZX10R for 2016, too. Suzuki needs to leapfrog two vehicle generations in one go.

At least two. I think 2011 was the last small upgrade (brembo calipers, iirc) and since then the S1000RR has had two iterations, RSV4 has had two iterations, R1 has had two major iterations (2012 with ABS/TC, current one), 1199 has had multiple iterations, Kawasaki's bike didn't need much more than setup to be fairly current although in 2015 it's fallen behind decisively, even MV has done a fair bit to their bikes. Then there's Honda, LOL

They have a hit with their GSX-S 1000, obviously the 2016 GSX-R 1000 is going to have this front clip.

https://youtu.be/h0ngQl8QWO8

It's either crank up the horsepower to 200 or die for the new GSX-R. I would love a 200 hp bike out of the box without all the electronics of the current bikes. I think they would have the success of the K5 if they did this. Hooligan gixxer. But suzuki isn't known for listening to their customers... so who knows.

^^200 hp isn't going to happen. They'll dumb it down to 180 and bring out a new color scheme at well under the price of the 200 hp class leaders. Cheaper price =sell more bikes. I'll bet on it.

Ironic most of these older generation hyper bikes won't even make good boat anchors, except the Honda of course. Anyway it's good to see the enthusiasm at a fever pitch. Waiting for the 2016 Gixxer too, it's 84 times better than the 1985 GSXR750 but will it have the same impact? I wonder if Norton will be bringing out a new Manx?

One can hope.

200hp without the electronic aids? I dunno... I can tell you I turned off the TC etc. on the 2013 RSV4 a couple of times and uhm... turned them back on. LOL The bikes go mental at that power level when you twist the throttle to the stop, it's really difficult to use that kind of power outside of a closed race course with a street suspension setup.

Back
Top Bottom