Opinicon Rd | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinicon Rd

Rubberman

Just north of Kingston is on nice fun road called Opinicon Rd lots of twistys and nice scenery.It is north of the 401 off Division St which turns into Perth rd.

Looks like a nice road. I'm not out there much but will check it out next chance I get. Thanks!

It's kind of nice... a lot of it is repaved (mostly chip & tar) this year, in past years it was so worn that it was right down to the gravel under-pad. Don't expect too spirited a ride as it's tight, twisty, often dirty, and there are a lot of cottage and house entrances that abutt it.

Also consider Burnt Hills road. Pleasantly, you can exit Opinicon on the Lock road at #15, ride a bit down and enter Burnt Hills which will take you back to Battersea Road. And for added similar riding, you can now head North on Battersea which will take you down and even TWISTIER, TIGHTER road to California, ON and through to Jones Falls road, which has some long sweepers, then dumps you out at Jones Falls on #15.

You could easily reverse the order of those roads as long as you don't put Opinicon in the middle. Interestingly I've never done those three in sequence and now that I've thought of it, I plan to.

Watch for gravel.

For added fun, mix it so that you'll come out on #15 again (you might want to do Jones Falls or Burnt Hills again?), slog North on #15 to Crosby (#42?), turn West towards Westport and take #14 (Narrows Lock road) North right near the juncture, you'll come out on #10, which is just a bit south of Perth. Ride to Glen Tay, take the left/right jog to #7 and stop in for a coffee near the #511 or head North to Calabogie if you're in it for the whole day.

Last edited:
Maybe this will become the next river road and the staright line warriors will take their mad skillz and vests there! Thanks for posting!

Heh... if you mean river road near Napanee, well... it was getting too built-up for anything very spirited anyways. Have seen plenty of deer over that way as well.

TBH most of these roads are pretty quiet and the "straight line warriors" don't care for them, there are roads more aligned with their needs nearby, like Washburn.

These are neat roads and I string a few together in the area for a nice loop or two. They often have sand on them at the start of the season though for added "fun factors". If you stop near the hotel at Jones Falls, park the bike and walk a little way there's a good swimming spot in the "turning area" for the Rideau canal traffic. The boats don't venture into that part of the canal and the water is clean as it gets replenished when the locks open and close.

Yep, and the fish will chew on you. Kinda neat.

Maybe this will become the next river road and the staright line warriors will take their mad skillz and vests there! Thanks for posting!

Straight line warriors are tired out near the 200km distance range so this is way to far for them lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom