1 night trip to Adironacks/Lake PLacid | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1 night trip to Adironacks/Lake PLacid

The Ogdensburg bridge is a piece of cake as long as you get your speed up. I've done it with knobbies the last couple years without an issue.

Took it on the way back today, keep the speed at about 80km/h and you should be fine.

Well, I just got home a bit ago, this was an adventure to say the least after 2 days with NO STOP rain, I am not exaggerating, yesterday I made it from Toronto to Wolfe Island dry, the moment I got to the second ferry to get to the US, It started raining, all the way to Lake placid (it stopped from where the little shack is to pay the toll to go up to whiteface and then started again as I was coming down from it)then Rained all the way down the 9N to Lake George, got there at 730 pm (fun to ride in the dark through those roads lol), wet and cold to a completely dark hotel with a closed reception :(...... To be continued

Ah o.k. I was thinking that the Ogdensburg bridge might be a little too daunting for a motorcycle. It's high and long and steel.
up-DODIKTMEINN5H94V.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer.....they closed reception at 9pm when I was there. Hope all was ok?
Yes, some girl walked by and she used her cell to call "the people" lol, they told her for me to go to room 6 and the door was open and the key inside. for $60 Canadian the Hotel was great.

Regardless of the rain and all the other thousand one things that went wrong, I am still glad i went, fantastic scenery and that ride up to white face was priceless.

Good thing I brought 3 devices with GPS and the route on them, my BB with COpilot GPS got wet and crapped out byt the time i got to Lake Placid, then i used my Ipod with a GPS enhancer and again Copilot GPS and that got me to Lake George, only to also crap out at the hotel room after getting soaked on the way there, so for the way home I had to use the Garmin 450 hand held unit I bought as a back up a couple months ago, that took me home no problem lol, and here I was thinking I was crazy for putting the route in all 3 devices and taking all of them with me, oh and I also had a paper map, just in case the 3rd device crapped out :)

Best of the trip:
-The Ferry Rides to Wolf Island and to the US, took the time to talk to people and had a blast chatting it out with the fellow boat riders.
-Ride up to WhiteFace, this was one of my favorite things I have done in a bike.
-Ride through all the little towns
-People were really nice
-Change of Leaf Colours - was amazing, unfortunately with the rain and me having a heated jacket, riding jacket and the rain jacket, it was hard to take pictures, pain in the *** to stop, remove gloves, unplug myself from the bike to then do it all over again just for a pic.

Worse of the trip:
-RAIN no stop
-Not having any cash for the ferry to the US (I read it was free but I made a mistake) American guy lent me 20 bucks which I paid back once we got to the other side and I found an ATM
- Not been able to enjoy the ride down 9N (South) - I was tired and it was raining and it was getting dark and then it got really dark
- Nothing open in Lake George by the time I went out to eat, talk about a ghost town, was able to ride in the rain and found a little pizza spot. Wish It wasn't raining so i could go explore a little, town looked so damn nice.
- 12 hours of continuing riding in the rain - left at 7am and got to the hotel at 7pm

I will do this trip again with good weather, probably do the route backwards, make it to lake George first and then up 9N to whiteface and lake placid then home.

Apologies for all the misspells and poor grammar, I am tired and don't care to prof read and correct

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom