Yamaha Canada - No Accountability | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Canada - No Accountability

As any other new model, there will always be issues with it, so far IMO the issues are not that bad, it is how Yamaha chose to deal with them is what i have a problem with. Excellent bike and I wouldn't want any other one.
So the FZ09's price was too good to be true .... Too bad, sounded great on paper.

Hopefully, this will be all the bad stuff you will have to go through.

My last email to Yamaha Canada Customer Service

FYI - I have launched a complaint against Yamaha Canada with transport Canada as I do not feel that my safety concern is been taken seriously, I appreciated your emails but I feel that your ability to influence the outcome is minimal regardless of your effort.

My original email, requested for someone senior to contact me and all i got was a rude customer Service representative (Rami).

None of this would be necessary if the part was replace the first time.

Regards

"
[h=1]Defect Complaint Form[/h]

Step 8 of 8
Thank you for submitting your safety-related defect complaint. Please note that a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your defect complaint will be sent to the email address that you provided. Please also note that, because of the large number of complaints we receive annually, complainants are not usually contacted unless additional information is required.
[h=2]Confirmation Number[/h]
2015-1982"​

And lets not forget the cumulative damage (grind me a pound?) already incurred. I'd want a fresh one. Remi lol.

Please also note that, because of the large number of complaints we receive annually, complainants are not usually contacted unless additional information is required.

I had a problem with a new bike I bought in 1984. Seems things have not changed at Yamaha decades later. The Yamaha I bought was a problematic piece of junk. Their customer service was flippant, and unhelpful. I know there will be a few who protest to the contrary, but do yourself a favor and don't buy a Yamaha. I was warned before I bought my bike decades ago and I didn't listen. I regretted it later. Get a Honda if you must have a sport bike.

I had a problem with a new bike I bought in 1984. Seems things have not changed at Yamaha decades later. The Yamaha I bought was a problematic piece of junk. Their customer service was flippant, and unhelpful. I know there will be a few who protest to the contrary, but do yourself a favor and don't buy a Yamaha. I was warned before I bought my bike decades ago and I didn't listen. I regretted it later. Get a Honda if you must have a sport bike.
[/FONT]

Ouch, this and others like this post ITT is not looking good for Yamaha, esp for newbies like me wanting to get into the hobby. You know that they try to hook you w/ your first bike so that it influences you for later purchases, brand loyalty/familiarity and all that jazz. Not looking good, Yamaha.

Gotta love Suzuki. I got my master cylinder replaced on a 10 yr old bike plus new throttle cables. All at zero cost!

Thanks Suzuki!

Safety items as part of a recall or to avoid one, not necessarily goodwill from Suzuki . A CCT is not a safety item.

Gotta love Suzuki. I got my master cylinder replaced on a 10 yr old bike plus new throttle cables. All at zero cost!

Thanks Suzuki!

Safety items as part of a recall or to avoid one, not necessarily goodwill from Suzuki . A CCT is not a safety item.
I actually disagree. What would happen if the Cam Chain jumps a tooth due to been too lose and you are riding on the 401?

Thanks Suzuki!

I agree. Even the r/r recall. My dealer ordered the part called when it was in and replaced it while I waited. What make is you're oh so great race bike paulo? :). J/k.

Thanks Suzuki!

I've had a clutch installed improperly - twice, from Suzuki.

Almost went Kawasaki, except they were uglier, and everyone was raving about how bulletproof my bike was.

The only Yamaha that I've ridden was an ergonomic challenge.

If Honda had had anything similar. . .

I agree. Even the r/r recall. My dealer ordered the part called when it was in and replaced it while I waited. What make is you're oh so great race bike paulo? :). J/k.
Suzuki, that thing has never given me a single problem. The R1 endurance bike in the other hand, not so great.

My old Zx6rr did a full race with a hole in the Rad and not water on it whatsoever so I can't say anything bad about it except that bike didn't like me on top for too long.

I will admit, your joke went over my head but I don't function until noon.

Last edited:
My old master cylinder functioned for 10 yrs without a "major" difference

You won't like my answer but I agree that the issue started with the dealer. I've worked for one of the major auto manufacturers and have dealt with many dealers (car and motorcycle). A technical bulletin is NOT a recall, it is a step by step process to diagnose and fix the problem. Usually (depending on the nature of the tech bulletin) the first step is to try and correct the issue without replacing the part. I've had this happen a few times, sometimes the first step fixes the problem and sometimes it doesn't. If the first step doesn't correct the issue then the next step is usually a replacement of the part.

Had your dealer understood the tech bulletin they probably would have known that an attempt to fix the issue without replacing the part was probably the first step.

At the end of the day, you dealt with a bit of extra back and forth but they did come through and replace the part.

Fair comment. The thing is that once you see the part and realize that the screw is to short from stopping the Chain Tensioner set screw to back out, you will then realize that an adjustment is just a temporary remedy and that it will malfunction again like it did for me after 1 day. It isn't that some of the parts have a characteristic that may or may not fail, it is a design flaw, hence why they had to redesign the part and give it a new part number to replace the old one.

You won't like my answer but I agree that the issue started with the dealer. I've worked for one of the major auto manufacturers and have dealt with many dealers (car and motorcycle). A technical bulletin is NOT a recall, it is a step by step process to diagnose and fix the problem. Usually (depending on the nature of the tech bulletin) the first step is to try and correct the issue without replacing the part. I've had this happen a few times, sometimes the first step fixes the problem and sometimes it doesn't. If the first step doesn't correct the issue then the next step is usually a replacement of the part.

Had your dealer understood the tech bulletin they probably would have known that an attempt to fix the issue without replacing the part was probably the first step.

At the end of the day, you dealt with a bit of extra back and forth but they did come through and replace the part.

I've had a clutch installed improperly - twice, from Suzuki.

Almost went Kawasaki, except they were uglier, and everyone was raving about how bulletproof my bike was.

The only Yamaha that I've ridden was an ergonomic challenge.

If Honda had had anything similar. . .

You sent you're bike to japan twice?? If not suzuki did not replace you're clutch. A mechanic that figured he didn't have to read the service manual did. Who knows he may work for honda now.

Fair comment. The thing is that once you see the part and realize that the screw is to short from stopping the Chain Tensioner set screw to back out, you will then realize that an adjustment is just a temporary remedy and that it will malfunction again like it did for me after 1 day. It isn't that some of the parts have a characteristic that may or may not fail, it is a design flaw, hence why they had to redesign the part and give it a new part number to replace the old one.

You sent you're bike to japan twice?? If not suzuki did not replace you're clutch. A mechanic that figured he didn't have to read the service manual did. Who knows he may work for honda now.

RickT your comment is valid... However, yamaha knows the "adjustment" does jack ****. You could literally adjust the CCT and drive down the street and its the same. It's just one huge ploy to encourage people NOT to get a replacement. The whole back and fourth business is total BS with the dealership. They know it's an issue and chose to play games. If the CCT adjuster didn't have an issue, why make a new part?

You shouldn't have to use bits from freaking home depot to stop the CCT adjuster from backing out. I can only imagine how bad mine could have got if I didn't get it replaced.

As any other new model, there will always be issues with it, so far IMO the issues are not that bad, it is how Yamaha chose to deal with them is what i have a problem with. Excellent bike and I wouldn't want any other one.

I would normally agree, but this bike has had it's share of issues, stepping out of the norm, whether a faulty part designed correctly or plain wrong design from the get go ... suspension and fuel mapping. They either should have charged more or simply work on it longer, rather than release half *** product.

Most people would sort of shake their head and move on if it was KTM bike, but Yamaha?? No way ...

Sooo FZ-09s for cheap?

Every bike/car/manufacturer have their issues.

How about Chrysler doing a software recall on the center diff for Grand Cherokees and you drive out with 4Lo no longer functioning and Chrysler basically saying "well, it was broken before, the software recall just made it obvious, oh and your vehicle is past warantee so $700 dollars for a new one please"

Man, are they backtracking now that it was discovered that the new software parameters are specifying sensor voltage limits too narrow and perfectly functional center differentials were being flagged as "inop".

I am happy with the bike, I was happy to pay the low price knowing the issues the bike had, not happy about paying a price and deal with issues I didn't know the bike had and definately not happy about Yamaha Canada and the way they are going about it.
I would normally agree, but this bike has had it's share of issues, stepping out of the norm, whether a faulty part designed correctly or plain wrong design from the get go ... suspension and fuel mapping. They either should have charged more or simply work on it longer, rather than release half *** product.

Most people would sort of shake their head and move on if it was KTM bike, but Yamaha?? No way ...

Back
Top Bottom