Guys please help!!!!! Beginner!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guys please help!!!!! Beginner!!!

Hi guys, I am a 17 year old and currently a G1 holder. i have done my safety course. I am thinking of getting a Honda CBR125r because it is considered a starter bike, i called Riders Plus and they quoted me $3199 no coverage.

So im wondering if you guys can tell me a few places that can give me better rates. I wanted to know if John R. Duffy or JD Smith would be any good. Thanks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in the glorious province of onterrible, you're not finding a decent rate until you're at least 25 or licensed for several years. The man doesn't like bikes here and thanks to the ****** gene pool we're paying for the stupidity of others.

Well you are lucky you did not buy the bike first OP like some do.

You are likely not going to fix anything under $2000 and even if you came close to that I would be surprised. Go though the list Baggsy posted.

Save that money in some form of investment right now with the markets low its a great time to buy use your tfsa and stick it away until you are 25 when insurance will be cheaper.

If you want rates from those guys than call them. No one on here can accurately estimate your premiums. If you want to find the best rate you have to put the time in and make the calls.
But from being in the industry, I'm not shocked at the quote you already got....

OP get your G2 and M2 asap. Save money.
The government HATES people like you and wishes you would just go away and die. They've priced your life accordingly.

If you really just want cheap transportation and freedom to move, check out a scooter. It gets you started on the road and insurance history.

I do wonder if there is much difference between no experience and an M1, compared to an M2. But the safety course I took tested you at the end for your M2. With a waiting time of 2 months to advance from M1 to M2, I never even bothered getting quotes with an M1. If you're going with a smaller displacement bike though, TD will likely be competitive.

Duffy, Johnson, and Dalton Timmins have given me the best rates. But then I'm 30, full M, and riding for over 5 years.

If you really just want cheap transportation and freedom to move, check out a scooter. It gets you started on the road and insurance history.
Theres a whole culture behind hinda ruckus', and you can mod em up to look like your equivalent ricer civic. Ive thought about buying a stock one just to bomb around town in.

Excellent advice here OP. You will probably find policies around the 3k mark with a cbr. A scooter will certainly be cheaper, just unsure how much more.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

If you really just want cheap transportation and freedom to move, check out a scooter...

Scooters, mopeds, LSMs (limited speed motorcycles), small motorcycles (<500cc), last time I checked, were roughly the same premiums. I've also talked with moped riders, and for their measly 49cc engines, their premiums are up there with a small MC. You do need to call and ask. Most of the premium covers personal injury, especially if you don't get collision, and you can get damaged just as easily on a scooter/moped as on a small MC. At least MC riders have a habit of riding with armour.

Back
Top Bottom