Swerving left and right in a single lane | GTAMotorcycle.com

Swerving left and right in a single lane

Hey I was just driving to work earlier today and there was an awesome r6 right in front of me. He was swerving left to right for a bit in one lane. was wondering why? Is it to practice countersteering? Or was he just messing around?

I got my m2 . soon gonna get m and hit the roads!! Hopefully next riding season lol

Cleaning the edges of the tires in preparation for a big lean (i.e. when going south from Hwy 2 onto Salem Rd. in Whitby, clean the tires off before hitting the 401 west onramp). I believe someone tested it and found it to be a myth that it actually builds much heat into your tires.

coming close to an intersection, sometimes i do that when i think the driver hasnt seen me

Weirdly effective at freaking out drivers behind you

Boredom. I do it all the time. It helps keep me alert when I'm stuck in a monotonous situation.

How is that riding stupid? :rolleyes:

I'll do it coming up to intersections as well if I think some left turning fool who's inching forward hasn't looked

Boredom. I do it all the time. It helps keep me alert when I'm stuck in a monotonous situation.

This is also my answer. Did you know that the old 86 VFR, with it spindly 37mm front forks could get enough of a spring action from the flex to skip the front wheel off the pavement if you got aggressive enough doing this? Now that was fun.

When the guy in the pickup beside you, follows your lead, but swerves between his lane and yours, it suddenly becomes a lot more exciting.

how does one get rid of their chicken strips swerving side to side in a single lane???? I would like to know........

Cleaning the edges of the tires in preparation for a big lean (i.e. when going south from Hwy 2 onto Salem Rd. in Whitby, clean the tires off before hitting the 401 west onramp). I believe someone tested it and found it to be a myth that it actually builds much heat into your tires.

I used to think it might add heat to the tires, but I also read the same thing a while back. I'll swerve like that sometimes, although 90% of the time it is because I'm bored on a long and straight commute, and 10% of the time that I see some bends coming up, and just want to double check everything feels 'right' on the bike. I do check tire pressure fairly often, but you never really know 100% of the time if all is good until rubber meets road.

I only do it approaching an intersection sometimes especially at night if I think the left-turner can't gauge my distance. Or I'm doing it to avoid bumps,holes, sewers on our great roads.

To minimize the likelihood of a SMIDSY

To minimize the likelihood of a SMIDSY

This is when you should do it, there's a good video on the utubes for it.

But everyone does it when they get bored.

How is that riding stupid? :rolleyes:

I'll do it coming up to intersections as well if I think some left turning fool who's inching forward hasn't looked

That's at any intersection, and any such swerving would be quite limited in duration.

What would you call such swerving if it were to be done by someone in a Smart car or early Civic, both small cars who could do the same within the lane marker lines? It would be considered stupid if done out of "boredom" or any other unnecessary reason. Same applies to knobs on bikes.

Back
Top Bottom