Owning a supersport in condo/underground parking apartment | GTAMotorcycle.com

Owning a supersport in condo/underground parking apartment

Ridin2TheGym

Anyone here own a supersport and live in a condo or apartment building with a underground garage? What security measures do you take to protect your bike? I am very hesitant on upgrading to a super sport as I feel like the possibility of it getting stolen might be high.

For your answer just go look in the stolen bike thread. Not just SS bikes are targeted, but definitely an attractive option for the stolen minivan crowd.

Anyone here own a supersport and live in a condo or apartment building with a underground garage? What security measures do you take to protect your bike? I am very hesitant on upgrading to a super sport as I feel like the possibility of it getting stolen might be high.

Migh be high? .... Like 90% isn't high enough?

SS is a magnet for thieves due to the parts are easy to sell.

Also the psychological effect on you isn't worth it. Having to constantly think about losing the bike.

Get a cruiser. A 800 lbs one. No need to chain it.

Hey man, stick on the Ninja 250 for a while longer. You just started out riding. Don't get on a SS before you're ready. Rack up those KM's this season, demo some bikes next year, see what you really like and make a decision from there mid to end next season. Save up the money and buy the bike you really want for the start of season 3. It'll be worth the time invested into learning the craft. Cheers.

I would go straight to a Goldwing. 900+ pounds so too hard to lift, and too big to fit into a stolen minivan. Comes with an airbag and ABS so you'll also be less likely to go down and then have to lift that 900+ pounds back up onto its wheels yourself.

I sell Hyosung bike covers with insurance policies to guarantee that whatever is underneath NEVER gets stolen. Let me know if you want one.

I sell Hyosung bike covers with insurance policies to guarantee that whatever is underneath NEVER gets stolen. Let me know if you want one.
I totally just lol'd. Op the whole condo thing is just a bad idea in the gta. Perhaps look into a storage facility

Had a car stolen from a Condo underground once. Was an organized group, as they got a dozen cars or so, at the same time. They only one they broke into, but didn't take, was a British one, that had a manual choke.

Had a car stolen from a Condo underground once. Was an organized group, as they got a dozen cars or so, at the same time. They only one they broke into, but didn't take, was a British one, that had a manual choke.

Out of nostalgia I put my old audi shifter on my new one. The old one was a 5 speed, new one is a 6 speed. Putting it in reverse is actually puts it in 6th. Good luck :)

Attack dogs, a few sentry guns, and an ED209 just to be safe....the red tape was terrible....

I used a chain. Had a loop drilled into the wall and threaded in with some kind of epoxy.
Wouldn't stop someone that really wanted mine but would probably get the less committed thief to move on to the next one. Lower probability is it. Helped that my spot was visible from a high traffic entrance too.
Walk around your lot and see what innovative ideas your neighbors have come up with.

I had a good chain with a good lock and an alarm. No problems for about 5 years.

Anyone here own a supersport and live in a condo or apartment building with a underground garage?

Supersport, condo, underground garage? The trifecta of doom? I'm sure somebody somewhere is still living that dream.

Best protection for motorcycle in condo = Good Insurance.

OR

Ugly and unpopular bike.

Hey man, stick on the Ninja 250 for a while longer. You just started out riding. Don't get on a SS before you're ready. Rack up those KM's this season, demo some bikes next year, see what you really like and make a decision from there mid to end next season. Save up the money and buy the bike you really want for the start of season 3. It'll be worth the time invested into learning the craft. Cheers.

Please don't bring logic into this thread. I want this to be entertaining today.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom