Suggestions for a Fender Eliminator 2010 250R? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suggestions for a Fender Eliminator 2010 250R?

Good afternoon everyone,

Suggestions for a Fender Eliminator 2010 Ninja 250R? I was looking at the yoshimura brand, but that one is way too expensive. I just wanted to know if anyone else here had fender eliminator and what's their opinion about the one they chose? and how much? Also, I'm looking for one that uses the stock turn signals, apparently some say stock turn signals won't fit or something like that with certain ones, correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks!

Last edited:
Just make one.... It's easy enough if you're good with making things. Serious, look at the ones online and make a replica. Sheet metal, bend, drill holes, grind down sharp edges to make it smooth, paint, install... Hell, I have a home made fender elim kit on mine... under 10 dollars and took minimal brain power.

They all do the same thing, just buy the cheapest one. No one cares what kind you have.

not worth it. its your first (im assuming) bike. you wont get money back for it.

Don't get this reasoning, why does there need to be a return on investment? Same reason there are yoshi exhausts on other 250's just do whatever you want, if we were worried about saving money we wouldn't be into riding bikes but beige camrys and chasing getting the most mpg.

if it wasnt about money why asked for a cheaper option, why buy a used 250, and im sure the 250 still give you the most mpg.

OP imo first upgrade should be suspension and tires, fender eliminator doesnt do anything but looks.

Don't get this reasoning, why does there need to be a return on investment? Same reason there are yoshi exhausts on other 250's just do whatever you want, if we were worried about saving money we wouldn't be into riding bikes but beige camrys and chasing getting the most mpg.

Last edited:

I think that advice is good advice people especially in the GTA seem to believe "I put $XX in "improvements" on the bike, so when I sell it I will get $XX extra for those "improvements". We see it all the time on the Kijiji ads. So deejizzle was advising not to spend the money, on the OP's first bike, (He posted late lst week that he just bought it). Chances are by beginning of next season the OP will feel he has "outgrown" this bike and want to upgrade. not like he can take the kit off and use it on his new litre bike..lol So it is indeed sound advice.

OP imo first upgrade should be suspension and tires, fender eliminator doesnt do anything but looks.

It's always about the looks first, who cares if your bike drives like sex if it doesn't look like sex. :agave:

I think that advice is good advice people especially in the GTA seem to believe "I put $XX in "improvements" on the bike, so when I sell it I will get $XX extra for those "improvements". We see it all the time on the Kijiji ads. So deejizzle was advising not to spend the money, on the OP's first bike, (He posted late lst week that he just bought it). Chances are by beginning of next season the OP will feel he has "outgrown" this bike and want to upgrade. not like he can take the kit off and use it on his new litre bike..lol So it is indeed sound advice.

I guess, I just see it the other way. I rather learn how to do stuff on my first bike (Fender/Exhaust/Wheels/Maintenance) so that If I do screw up It's not on the bike I'm babying and plan to keep for a long time.

http://www.speedtactics.com/kawasaki_250_0809.php

Probably cheaper than the Yoshimura after shipping and all that, check eBay if you can find one there. The basic kit uses all stock stuff and looks good, it even lets you keep your bungee hooks which are handy to have...

1097034_10151627015384403_1395885018_o.jpg

Why do you want to get rid of the fender? Are you never going to ride in the rain?

This is the big reason I never got one. Although I typically don't head out if it is pouring...if it rains while I am riding, then it rains while I am riding (and I don't really care unless it is below 10C). Sure aesthetically it looks good, but not at the expense of coating me and the bike with oil and road grime if the road is wet at all.

It's better to keep the existing setup so that you're easier to see and predict, but do what you want.

OP if current tires are stock just hacksaw the fender off and spend the money on new Pirelli DRIIs.
Learned from experience. I did my eliminator and exhaust and tires an the only one that made my life better wast the tires. The exhaust sounded cool though.

http://www.speedtactics.com/kawasaki_250_0809.php

Probably cheaper than the Yoshimura after shipping and all that, check eBay if you can find one there. The basic kit uses all stock stuff and looks good, it even lets you keep your bungee hooks which are handy to have...

1097034_10151627015384403_1395885018_o.jpg
What do you do when you're not drinking alone?
Driving back and forth over and over, to the Beer store must get bothersome.

Back
Top Bottom