Backpack recommendations? For storing all your gear? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Backpack recommendations? For storing all your gear?

how long does it take you to get out of the house? If I had to put on all that **** on I would give up on riding.

In total about 10 mins...but double that, since I also need to rearrange vehicles to get the bike out. One of the reasons I typically only ride if I'll get more than 30 mins of saddle time, but then most rides I do are in the 2-4+ hour range on the weekends.

Would be nice to know the type of bike. Hard luggage is the way to go. Store your jacket, helmet, whatever in a locked case and walk away. Great for everything from groceries to camping. I would not ride with a back pack, just uncomfortable. If your bike can take hard luggage I would look at that.

Though most days, I rarely mix riding with another sport/activity...

Likewise. When I go riding I go to ride. I don't go hiking or other things because for things like that my wife joins me and I definitely don't have enough storage to put in 2 jackets, 2 helmets, 2 pants, 2 boots...etc...when we want to do other things we just take the car.

In this weather I wear regular pants with knee armour underneath. Then take off the armour and I'm good in regular 'street' pants. Boots will just stand beside the bike if anything (they're too tall and stiff to fit in the E21 cases I have). Helmet will fit, jacket will fit, but back protector won't.

I see, I ride everyday and also commute to work. I am not saying you are doing anything wrong, contrary to that but maybe you would ride a little more often if you didn't have to put all that staff on.

For example, why do you need knee sliders if you are using riding pants?

I only put on riding pants when I go up north when i know I will be riding "faster", any other time I would use jeans. Also I won't put on riding boots to commute.

Maybe you can buy Kevlar jeans, takes away the need for riding pants and knee sliders IMO.

I mean the most gear the better but in some occasions having to put on all that stuff deters you from riding.
In total about 10 mins...but double that, since I also need to rearrange vehicles to get the bike out. One of the reasons I typically only ride if I'll get more than 30 mins of saddle time, but then most rides I do are in the 2-4+ hour range on the weekends.

I see, I ride everyday and also commute to work. I am not saying you are doing anything wrong, contrary to that but maybe you would ride a little more often if you didn't have to put all that staff on.

I only put on riding pants when I go up north when i know I will be riding "faster", any other time I would use jeans. Also I won't put on riding boots to commute.

Maybe you can buy Kevlar jeans, takes away the need for riding pants and knee sliders IMO.

I mean the most gear the better but in some occasions having to put on all that stuff deters you from riding.

i used to think that way too. But if you get into the habit of putting all the gear on when you ride you don't get tempted to take shortcuts. You know by Murphy's law the day you go down will be shortcut day.

I always wear a full leather suit when i ride. And i dont give a **** about others looking at me if i need to stop for a snack or a treat

Knee armor/pads....the pants are for sliding, the armour is for protecting my knee caps. The pants did come with knee armour but I got rid of it almost immediately as it would do nothing, unless I stayed in the perfect riding position while sliding down the road (otherwise it was at my shins).

That said, I do get your point, but I am very much ATGATT, no exceptions. I'm of the mindset I could ride like a granny, but all it takes is someone changing lanes into me or turning left into me and I'd wish I put that little bit extra on that day. The funny part too is if I were riding up north for short hops I'd be more tempted to skip a little...but any short hops would be in and around the city, and I lose count of how many idiots I see out there on a daily basis (at least 3 near accidents not involving me on my 20 min commute tonight).

Last edited:
Perfectly aware and OK with it. If I am taken down is by an ******* on a truck texting or by a soccer mom on her minivan and all that gear ain't saving me from that. skin grows back.
i used to think that way too. But if you get into the habit of putting all the gear on when you ride you don't get tempted to take shortcuts. You know by Murphy's law the day you go down will be shortcut day.

Perfectly aware and OK with it. If I am taken down is by an ******* on a truck texting or by a soccer mom on her minivan and all that gear ain't saving me from that. skin grows back.

Alpinestars speedos for racing? Think of the weight savings.

great way of thinking.

bones mend, joints repair themselves, limbs get re-attached

honestly, if a piece of gear that takes an extra 10 minutes saves me from weeks of recuperating, i will wear the gear.

Sure, I don't disagree at all. Gear has saved me many times at the track.
great way of thinking.

bones mend, joints repair themselves, limbs get re-attached

honestly, if a piece of gear that takes an extra 10 minutes saves me from weeks of recuperating, i will wear the gear.

Back
Top Bottom