Stolen bike in the news | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen bike in the news

-Copy or take a picture of their license (I don't understand taking their license, as they need it to drive/ride something) and also know the basic steps to verify an authentic license
-Follow them in a car or even better, another bike (less intimidating, following them is easier)
-Be wary of the friend that shows up with them and doesn't appear to be offering any advice. Maybe get their ID too

That's it. I appreciate it when people DO allow test rides, although to date I have never bought a bike that I have test ridden (test rides identified bikes that were frighteningly out of sorts). I did sell a bike to someone that test rode it.

-Copy or take a picture of their license (I don't understand taking their license, as they need it to drive/ride something) and also know the basic steps to verify an authentic license
-Follow them in a car or even better, another bike (less intimidating, following them is easier)
-Be wary of the friend that shows up with them and doesn't appear to be offering any advice. Maybe get their ID too

That's it. I appreciate it when people DO allow test rides, although to date I have never bought a bike that I have test ridden (test rides identified bikes that were frighteningly out of sorts). I did sell a bike to someone that test rode it.
Neighbour had his bike stolen the same way:

1. License was fake or stolen, didn't have the correct address or info but had the right picture.
2. Looked to have came alone but two friends were hiding in the back seat of his car. When the thief asked to hear the bike running as soon as it was started the two friends hopped out of the back seat with baseball bats.

The thief drove off with his bike. The license plate on the car was stolen. He was not injured.

His new bike was stolen out of his garage 2 months later, he assumes it was the same people.

The police that came said he should have took a photo of the buyer and uploaded it to facebook or a cloud service in case the phone was stolen at the same time as the bike.

Neighbour had his bike stolen the same way:

1. License was fake or stolen, didn't have the correct address or info but had the right picture.
2. Looked to have came alone but two friends were hiding in the back seat of his car. When the thief asked to hear the bike running as soon as it was started the two friends hopped out of the back seat with baseball bats.

The thief drove off with his bike. The license plate on the car was stolen. He was not injured.

His new bike was stolen out of his garage 2 months later, he assumes it was the same people.

The police that came said he should have took a photo of the buyer and uploaded it to facebook or a cloud service in case the phone was stolen at the same time as the bike.
As the seller, always have people around if someone is coming to check out what you're selling. That's rule #1

I heard telephones now come with cameras attached inside. Maybe that could be employed in some fashion. Dunno for sure tho. Anybody?

I heard telephones now come with cameras attached inside. Maybe that could be employed in some fashion. Dunno for sure tho. Anybody?
I call shenanigans. This is serious interwebnets chat. There's no place for tom foolery

No sympathy for the owner. A fool needs to learn a lessson sooner or later

Guy simply trusted in his fellow man. Some of you humans are scum, masquerading as us.

That's why there are no test rides. Well, that and the fact that most of us can't ride worth a . . .

'No test ride for You!'

So how does this work for insurance? I am assuming the bike would still be covered, seems like an easy way to sell or to get a new bike.

Why did the pig refer to the thief as a gentleman?

Why did the pig refer to the thief as a gentleman?

LOL, I was going to draw attention to that myself. Ever since Shrub referred to the 911 hijackers as "folk" I've kept my ear to the ground for this kind of misuse of nomenclature.

Surprised he asked. When I sold mine the guy just hopped on and started riding it (I had started it for him to see it run). ****** me off but he bought it in the end.

So how does this work for insurance? I am assuming the bike would still be covered, seems like an easy way to sell or to get a new bike.

I've always been told that if they used your key, you're not getting anything from insurance. For example, if you lend someone a vehicle and they just disappear or if you leave your car idling in the driveway. Might be a myth, though.

I've test rode every bike I bought and some for other ppl. Never been asked for my license. Go figure.

I've always been told that if they used your key, you're not getting anything from insurance. For example, if you lend someone a vehicle and they just disappear or if you leave your car idling in the driveway. Might be a myth, though.

Pure bs. Whoever told you that need to get his balls cut off so no breeding from him.

Pure bs. Whoever told you that need to get his balls cut off so no breeding from him.

Good to know. I'll feel better about letting my car idle in the driveway and worry less when I forget my bike key in the ignition all night.

Back
Top Bottom