Forks from a different perspective! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Forks from a different perspective!

Baironhorse

Hi All
So I hit the forks on Sunday.Difference this time, I was with my family for a Sunday drive in the truck. Yes it was busy as always. I used to live in Erin back in the day before they did all that road work at the forks. So very familar with area.Nice stretch of road but to short and a little over rated. The grange side road is more fun! Anyways back to my story good thing I ride street so I think I have a better sense of the road then avg driver. Never fails ever time I go to forks of the credit rd wether it's family drive, a bike ride or dropping a line I see a moron or a pack of morons on street bikes! You idiots give us good safe riders a bad rap. So I'm driving down the hair pin in my truck and not sure what possessed me to stop 5 meters before the pin lucky for the two idiots on the blacked out cbr600 and cbr250 that took that turn into incoming traffic blindly trying to drag their knee on the floor wearing tennis shoes and tee shirts. Save the moto GP moves for the track! If you guys read this you were two feet away from being a hood ornament ! And if i missed you there is a good chance you would have clipped one of the five vehicles behind me! Wake up and pay attention! Sorry for the rant!

Last edited:
In addition to what you just noted. Ive also seen vehicles especially longer pickups having to cross over the yellow line half way into the oncomming lane. Not only at the hairpin curve but also further east. Same reason as those bikes may have been going too fast for the curve , numerous vehicles cant negiotiate the turns safely.

In addition to what you just noted. Ive also seen vehicles especially longer pickups having to cross over the yellow line half way into the oncomming lane. Not only at the hairpin curve but also further east. Same reason as those bikes may have been going too fast for the curve , numerous vehicles cant negiotiate the turns safely.

One is done out of necessity because of vehicle size, roadway width limitations, and a very tight curve. The other is unnecessarily riding recklessly and too fast for road and traffic conditions. Big difference between the two.

I have never seen a 4+ wheeled vehicle go around the hairpin without crossing the line

Mistake number one, willingly going near that road on a weekend. It's always packed full of idiots who can't drive/ride/walk.

Mistake number one, willingly going near that road on a weekend. It's always packed full of idiots who can't drive/ride/walk.

I will ride the forks mid week early morning when I need to get to Erin just cause the weekend crowd is a mess. One two many bikes speeding and or not negotiating the turn correctly. Yes there are larger vehicles that cross that yellow line like my truck. Good thing I paused in time for those two riders!

I went through Hockley yesterday in my car. I had bikes pass me on a "curve" only to get stuck behind a gaggle of slow moving vehicles up ahead.

Back
Top Bottom