RACE Round 4 - Sept 4,5,6 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE Round 4 - Sept 4,5,6

I haven't had an issue before. I just can't come up with a different answer, the bike wouldn't stick and I was below pace. I dunno.

... and maybe it wasn't the tires ;)

Crap happens and corner 11 is a bad place for it to happen in. Good to hear that you and the bike are more or less OK.

Finally made it out to a RACE event (only spectating this time unfortunately). Got to see some friends and watch some great racing.

Looking forward to making the trek out there for a round or two next year.

Question for the regulars:
Is it normal to decide the amount of race laps on the pre-grid?

Saw that happen in a lot of the classes and had never heard of that being done before.

Finally made it out to a RACE event (only spectating this time unfortunately). Got to see some friends and watch some great racing.

Saw that happen in a lot of the classes and had never heard of that being done before.

Usually only if there are delays and they need to compress the schedule but it does happen.

The heat played into that as well.

Was out in the lead, hit corner 11 off-pace and @#$% off because I could hear Mike Hood right on my five, when the front end gave me a big warning... threw the bike away and up and it caught grip again for ... ten feet? Then it started sliding, both ends.

I think - but I don't know - that going out on fresh tires was a bad idea. The tires weren't scrubbed in. I was going through there at a higher pace all weekend on beat-up tires and then suddenly I'm sliding through the gravel on fresh ones? Can't say I understand it, TBH.

I got my brake guard back from Max (rookie cup rider) and donated my rear brake pedal to the shannonville refuse pile somewhere off 11. Other than that, the bike was ridable but not race-ready, the right hand clip-on was rotated about 45 degrees forward. I didn't think of it until later, but I should have waited until the end of the race in the pits, then walked it past the finish line so that I didn't get a DNF. Oh well.

My lower back is a bit stiff and sore, but that's about all wrong with me. Tomorrow morning is going to be another story, I expect.

As for the AM 1000 race, the bike was handling bad... not sure why, it was plenty quick in the morning (1:09s) but I was struggling with turning it in a few places. Then Chris Gray went by me (sp?!) and I was chasing him down again, had an inside pass lined up on him as he checked TF up hard on me, then took a really whacky tight line right in the middle of the track, whereas I had speed that needed to take a wide exit. Had to make a decision: t-bone him in 11 where I'd just gone down or stand up and take the runoff. It might not have ended up that way, but I had to make the decision, and took the safer choice. Got back on track, ended up fourth right on his back tire. :/

It may seem like I'm picking on you but timing and scoring doesn't lie. You finished right behind Chris Fehr and 20s behind Chris Gray. Maybe just got your Chris'sisis mixed up.

That could be but it wasn't chris fehr that passed me on the straight and then checked me up into 11. As for you trying to "pick on" people, that's nothing new.

Crap happens and corner 11 is a bad place for it to happen in. Good to hear that you and the bike are more or less OK.

Thanks. I like to learn from these things and right now I am coming up blank.. I even caught the bike for a moment and it just wouldn't stick. I am frankly amazed that neither I nor the bike too much damage, it took John B. no time to sew up the suit and the bike could pass tech right now with just a brake pedal. Lower back was sore last night but one round of Advil seems to have sorted it out, feeling fine this morning.

Last edited:
That could be but it wasn't chris fehr that passed me on the straight and then checked me up into 11. As for you trying to "pick on" people, that's nothing new.

Thanks. I like to learn from these things and right now I am coming up blank.. I even caught the bike for a moment and it just wouldn't stick. I am frankly amazed that neither I nor the bike too much damage, it took John B. no time to sew up the suit and the bike could pass tech right now with just a brake pedal. Lower back was sore last night but one round of Advil seems to have sorted it out, feeling fine this morning.

I'm a big mean bully.

Mina

Heal up. You are doing great. Don't let someone else's ****** up make you stop

Thanks I had a lot of fun! Those fancy numbers sure do help take time off your laps.
or maybe the experience of riding different tracks ;)

or maybe the experience of riding different tracks ;)

It could be BUUUT... I'd probably credit it more to racing against faster guys that have black numbers, riding quite a bit this season, AND the variety of tracks I saw.

I hadn't seen any new tracks before I raced bogie this year...

What happened Mina...saw on mylaps that you didn't start the race on Sunday?
Got T boned at the end of the back straight. Fractured my greater tubercle, mild concussion and a messed up bike. Not a great weekend for me.

Last edited:
How come I never have a crash where I could just pick up my bike and keep riding? lol

Back
Top Bottom