RACE Round 4 - Sept 4,5,6 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE Round 4 - Sept 4,5,6

sorry guys, it is a while that I am away, not I am finally settled in Oakville, which is the track?

Shannonville Pro track. Looks like a decent turn out this weekend. $5000 on the line for the top pro racers. Come out and watch if you can!

you know what?..... I pack and I come. Mina are you there? I need to get more information and now that I am settled I need to bring my race bike in Canada.
I need the track this year I basically did not race :(

I'm here. By the time you get here from oakville, you'd be missing a bunch already. Come tomorrow morning and hang around. $25 entry fee.

Today is qualifying/heat races and tomorrow afternoon are the finals.

Come find us when you come in:
f9439c26250cfa4f4c6f8805fb38be7f.jpg

Qualified third in both AM races. Looks like Mike Hood and I are going to be battling pretty hard. I did a few little things to my bike tonight, will have to see what tomorrow brings.

Qualified third in both AM races. Looks like Mike Hood and I are going to be battling pretty hard. I did a few little things to my bike tonight, will have to see what tomorrow brings.

Good job
I am leaving now from oakville. I hope to meet you guys. Have fun

Back home, my first touch with the motorbike races in canada. I had fun and met few people. Honestly I would have expected something more from the track, however the atmosphere was nice. Spectacular race 600 with great battle for the 2nd. The safety is not the top expecially the last turn before the finish line.
Now for me it is time to prepare the papers to import the bike. Let's see for the next year.

What happened in the am600 race?

Fantastic race. The first made a big gap, too fast. The other 3 battled for all the race with very remarkable overtakes. All 3 together for all the race.... you need to be brave and very prepared to push for all the race

What happened in the am600 race?

Was out in the lead, hit corner 11 off-pace and @#$% off because I could hear Mike Hood right on my five, when the front end gave me a big warning... threw the bike away and up and it caught grip again for ... ten feet? Then it started sliding, both ends.

I think - but I don't know - that going out on fresh tires was a bad idea. The tires weren't scrubbed in. I was going through there at a higher pace all weekend on beat-up tires and then suddenly I'm sliding through the gravel on fresh ones? Can't say I understand it, TBH.

I got my brake guard back from Max (rookie cup rider) and donated my rear brake pedal to the shannonville refuse pile somewhere off 11. Other than that, the bike was ridable but not race-ready, the right hand clip-on was rotated about 45 degrees forward. I didn't think of it until later, but I should have waited until the end of the race in the pits, then walked it past the finish line so that I didn't get a DNF. Oh well.

My lower back is a bit stiff and sore, but that's about all wrong with me. Tomorrow morning is going to be another story, I expect.

As for the AM 1000 race, the bike was handling bad... not sure why, it was plenty quick in the morning (1:09s) but I was struggling with turning it in a few places. Then Chris Gray went by me (sp?!) and I was chasing him down again, had an inside pass lined up on him as he checked TF up hard on me, then took a really whacky tight line right in the middle of the track, whereas I had speed that needed to take a wide exit. Had to make a decision: t-bone him in 11 where I'd just gone down or stand up and take the runoff. It might not have ended up that way, but I had to make the decision, and took the safer choice. Got back on track, ended up fourth right on his back tire. :/

Last edited:
Glad you had a good time, Matley. See you at the last round if you plan on showing up again. I'll be helping my buddy pit/set up on the Sunday.

Was out in the lead, hit corner 11 off-pace and @#$% off because I could hear Mike Hood right on my five, when the front end gave me a big warning... threw the bike away and up and it caught grip again for ... ten feet? Then it started sliding, both ends.

I think - but I don't know - that going out on fresh tires was a bad idea. The tires weren't scrubbed in. I was going through there at a higher pace all weekend on beat-up tires and then suddenly I'm sliding through the gravel on fresh ones? Can't say I understand it, TBH.

I got my brake guard back from Max (rookie cup rider) and donated my rear brake pedal to the shannonville refuse pile somewhere off 11. Other than that, the bike was ridable but not race-ready, the right hand clip-on was rotated about 45 degrees forward. I didn't think of it until later, but I should have waited until the end of the race in the pits, then walked it past the finish line so that I didn't get a DNF. Oh well.

My lower back is a bit stiff and sore, but that's about all wrong with me. Tomorrow morning is going to be another story, I expect.
Sorry to hear. Wasn't sure if you started the race or not. Glad to hear that you and the bike are mostly OK.

New tires, scrub tires, not much difference IMO or not that I can tell (I actually prefer new). Hell I ran a 3 year old Dunlop that's been sitting in my unheated garage for open sprint and pro SBK. It spun more than I wanted it to after 17 laps but nothing to complain about.

Back
Top Bottom