Disaster Vancouver | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disaster Vancouver

Skyway6

Man what a mess from yesterday (Saturday August 29 2015)

There was a major rainfall warning on the weekend and extending into next week. The rain let up in the early morning
so i zoomed out around 11am to get some errands run before the rain comes back. I left the big bike home and went
out on my pedal bike. When i got to the corner outside my place i was hit by a wind blast so strong it almost knocked me
off the bike. There were a few spots the wind was so strong i had to get off and walk it was so strong.
I also had the thought that, oh crap i hate it when it is this windy as it usually knocks out power.

So i am heading home around 2p, i pass some local stores and think, that is odd why are they sitting there in the dark. Did not
think about an outage as there was power all around the store -across the street was fine.

so i get home and fuk. power was out. I found out later about the magnitude of this storm. Hundreds of power outages with around 440k
homes without power. My power finally came back on at 2155 but according to BC Hydro it could have not come back until noon today.
There are still about 200k people without power and it could be until late tonite before they get power.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...d-storm-cuts-power-to-400-000-homes-1.3208698

It was so bad that BC Hydro was calling in crews from as far away as Kelowna and Prince George (Kelowna about 500km away and Prince George about 1k km)

Did they call in the army? No? Then it was nothing.

Rain...wind...power outage do NOT make a considerable disaster. I was expecting explosions.......I want my 2min back....

weak thread....very weak. No army = no disaster.

Well... It was about time some kind of storm knocked out the power in BC with their warm year round weather. Had to catch up with the power outages during our Winters...

Back
Top Bottom