Child struck | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Child struck

This had to be a pack of 'young punks'. Anybody old enough to have a kid would have stopped and stayed no matter the consequences. You cant just watch a kid get hit and then take off, especially if you have one.

But why am I not surprised. They are all probably laughing about it now. 'We got away!!!!'

Fully agree with this post. Hope they are found and not laughing in the end.

Could be based on witness testimony, other charges for those not involved in the collision. I bet they departed while people were in the crosswalk. So that is one likely charge, then they will look at licences, insurance, etc etc. Also easier to get public tips. If they said looking for a single rider people on the street might not connect it if they seen 4 bikes ride by.

Curious why, then, the police are looking "for a pack of motorcyclists". Could they be legally required to reveal the identity of the rider that hit the child?

Glad to see that the little guy only had minor injuries (as opposed to how serious it could have been...)

I live 100 meters from this crosswalk. Lot's of green riders on retroish bikes. I'm betting it was a noob who wasn't paying attention and couldn't stop in time. Packs of sport bikes don't usually roam this area.

Pretty cold move to hit a child and keep on moving.

You fellas really think the cops are out there on a full manhunt as if this was a drive-by shooting? Unless it's a clear cut case such as a known license plate number, nobody is out there searching.

Doesn't really matter what type of motorcycle they were riding. Chances are he/she would have done the same thing had it been driving a car.

I agree, the police aren't out in a full on manhunt. But if they get a promising tip, traffic services will run with it. If there is any evidence of say a broken mirror, they will ask dealers to advise if anyone orders that part.

But there won't be cops banging on every riders door... lol

Pretty cold move to hit a child and keep on moving.

You fellas really think the cops are out there on a full manhunt as if this was a drive-by shooting? Unless it's a clear cut case such as a known license plate number, nobody is out there searching.

Doesn't really matter what type of motorcycle they were riding. Chances are he/she would have done the same thing had it been driving a car.

It's pretty cold to run over a child and then carry on. Whomever rides with this guy need to step up and have the balls to do the right thing. This reflects badly on all of us. Maybe this rider would do the same to you and then run? Do the right thing, anonymously or not, for the kid.

This had to be a pack of 'young punks'. Anybody old enough to have a kid would have stopped and stayed no matter the consequences. You cant just watch a kid get hit and then take off, especially if you have one.

But why am I not surprised. They are all probably laughing about it now. 'We got away!!!!'
You'd like to think so but that group that beat the crap out of that guy in the SUV last year had plenty of older guys in the group including a few undercover cops. Group mentality can turn a lot of people into dirtbags.

We should have a poll on who everyone thinks they are. Sport bikers, pirates, touring grannies, or foreign spoiled brats from Rich Hill.

FWIW, Vaughan spoiled brats are way worse than the Hill.

FWIW, Vaughan spoiled brats are way worse than the Hill.
Bro, don't even....ah, you're probably right.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Just saw this shared by a friend on facebook. Read posts from Aug 27
https://www.facebook.com/shayla.stempien

This lady's kid was run over by a pick up in KW apparently Sadly these events are far more common then we would think.

To the bikers in the original post, you are a bunch of d0uche bags

bro, don't even....ah, you're probably right.

Sent from a samsung galaxy far, far away using tapatalk

Sick bike brooooooooooo!!! How fast does it go!?!?! Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickkkkkkkkkk!

Sadly these events are far more common then we would think.

To the bikers in the original post, you are a bunch of d0uche bags

Correct. These events happen all the time. I have seen this happen in front of my eyes 4 times in 3 years. All those times though it was a car or suv, and nobody got out to help the twitching bleeding children they just rammed. I always stop to help anyone that is in distress, I was just raised this way. It makes me absolutely sick that people can behave like this. I hope these thugs are caught.

Last edited:
I wonder if any of the riders are on GTAM and how they would post if someone had their bike bumped by a careless parker that ran. Probably would want the guy horsewhipped. But if it's their buddy and he runs over a kid, well that's OK.

Where do we draw the line on snitching? Don't tell the cops but then when a bike is stolen it's "The cops didn't do anything."

If you have such a low sense of self esteem that you tolerate a buddy doing a H&R you're as pathetically low as him.

Re other riders being charged with crosswalk offenses the cops could offer an amnesty for witnesses. Just go after the big fish.

If you ride with me and hit someone, I will snitch on you.

Don't want to trivialize the incident, but the way that reads it's entirely possible that the biker knocked the kid over, who got up and finished crossing with whoever he was with, and then the group rode away. Maybe only after the incident happened the adults realized, hey, that was a serious driving error and the rider should be found out and fined. Then all of a sudden it's a hit and run.

But if the story is exactly as it seems then that rider and his pals need to see some serious justice.

Serious justice, not some kangaroo court and cotton candy. Show up in propellor beanie and clown shoes, that's a one way ticket to the big house.

Buddy should just 'Man' or 'Woman' up and turn him/herself in... Do the right thing!

Don't want to trivialize the incident, but the way that reads it's entirely possible that the biker knocked the kid over, who got up and finished crossing with whoever he was with, and then the group rode away. Maybe only after the incident happened the adults realized, hey, that was a serious driving error and the rider should be found out and fined. Then all of a sudden it's a hit and run.

But if the story is exactly as it seems then that rider and his pals need to see some serious justice.

Several years back I was driving along Bloor in Mississauga and a babe suddenly stepped out into the path of the car ahead. NO crosswalk or intersection. He slammed on the brakes and ended up just bumping her, knocking her to the ground. She got up and was obviously drunk but unhurt IMO. She swore a bunch and staggered off ignoring the drivers request for information.

I swapped ID info with the driver and we drove off. What's to report?

Luckily it worked out for the other driver in that case. My personal injury lawyer, recently relayed a story of a client who "lightly clipped" a pedestrian. At the time the pedestrian stated he was fine and they both left without filing a report. 18 months later their client, (they are acting for the driver's insurer, in this case), is served with a lawsuit claiming damages and with supporting medical documentation for a very high six figure amount. The claim is when the pedestrian went down they struck their head and only felt the effects days later.

But regardless, in this instance the child was "hit" the media reports don't say how hard etc. The rider has a legal obligation to stop and identify themselves. Expalin how they were able, with helmets on assess any possible injury to the child? Even if the child only had a "scraped elbow or knee" that is an injury and under the HTA ALL personal injury collisions MUST be reported to police. So that is why a report is required.

There can be many reasons the rider didn't stop, (drinking, high, no insurance, warrants, previous convictions, just young and stupid/scared, etc etc etc). But they have now turned what may have been a VERY minor incident into something that they will pay for for years, (increased insurance etc).

Back
Top Bottom