Mount Temblant | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mount Temblant

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Seems there are lots of cheap AirBnB in the area - I suspect because it's off season.

IF I haul my lazy *** out of bed early then thinking of slabbing to Belleville early then cutting north and let Winding Roads take me the rest of the way at a mellower pace.

Any must do riding in the area??
TIA

Thanks will check it out - found a nice place in Val David for $40 a night.
Looking mostly at scenic touring and anywhere with elevation.

Just got back from a short trip there... stayed close to tremblant at an air-bnb site for $40, pretty good for the money

While I was there, I tried this route... really nice roads near tremblant, got choppy past that, but really good twists and turns, the 349 was a delight, but there is consstruction in some spots. Depending on how far east you want to go, try and go to the provincial park (La maurice), really good twisties and scenery (except for the end of the park where there is a lot of construction

http://canadamotoguide.com/routes/tremblant-to-grand-mere/

Here are some pics:

And the small villages around too. Charette, St-Elie, etc... Lots of nice windy hilly roads and a great panorama.

My first choice wasn't available but got another for $101 all in with internet

Decent ride up cept almost ran out of gas....

Saint -Sauveur - about 3 hours out....that's fine

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/6587942?eluid=1&euid=b7845517-e915-5487-2702-5e7142444f43

thanks for tips

This place is about 65 km north of Montreal so popular ex-urb...loads of restaurants etc....Montreal drivers....got cut off by a driver exiting Starbucks without even looking....

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restauran...ez_Denise-Saint_Sauveur_des_Monts_Quebec.html

SIgh ...between critters and and drivers....glad to be settled. Just spitting rain - like really just a few drops and supposed to be two nice days.

Hot tub out the back but not heated :( maybe tomorrow.....

Without the risers on the Wee my shoulders get a bit sore on long days.

Sitting on the deck facing the forest - cul de sac so very quiet. Blue jays being noisy .....all in all a good day.

Started at 6.30 am and now settled in for the night at 7 pm.

••••

Parc de la Mauricie. ...looks terrifc - about two hours away....will hit a place for breakfast then head over there.

Neat road
carte_generale_web_en_2015.ashx

I seem to be sitting in a target rich environment here

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-canada-/quebec--___58826.html

This looks better than Adirondacks for road choice

Last edited:
Yeah - but more kamikaze turkeys ....plus others not so common.....

a flock of young wild turkeys got all confused and I had to navigate through them - made me smile.

Then the otter......a WHAT???!!! crossing the road started across, saw me coming and ducked back into the bullrushes

Then the deer....okay sort of normal but was midday - very solid looking doe or a buck without horns.. ....bit scary.

Then some very cute Ptarmigan chicks scurrying about.....looked like little Furbies

Then cruising along noticed large dark bird sort of in the bushes and then the other big dark bird that was beside it rocketed it off right in my face.....
I faceplanted into the tank bag and prepared for impact......how it missed I don't know.

15-20 lb bird in flight versus my helmet at 60 kph.....might have been very messy - must have been one heroic wing beat and maybe some uplift from the windscreen got it over me.....I totally totally expected it to hit me.

THAT woke me up. :D

I've done most of those roads on that map in the western portion. The two different routes south from Tremblant included. They are a mixed bag as far as surfaces are concerned but are entertaining. Watch out for quebeckers flashing lights to warn you of cop presence. They are very good at that. I found a fair few roads around Tremblent to be well paved for tourists. If you want a break there's a glider place near Hawksbury and some nice waterfalls near Papineau both further south on the Quebec side of the Ottawa river. Wakefield is worth a visit as a nice town with a selection of decent eats. Head up to the old Mill for a nice meal with a view. There's some roads worth exploring there too. On the way back home you might want to head up to the lookout point in Gatineau Park. It's a great road to get up there but beware of Lycra clad road obstacles.

Stop in Maniwaki and you'll probably end up having coffee at Tims with the strippers from the only place in town.

315 was very nice - and a little offshoot Smallian Road a total treat but then turned to gravel so I did it in reverse :D

https://goo.gl/maps/QSVn2

Hooks up with 317 at

Parc des Montagnes Noires
Chemin de la Montagne Noire
Québec J0V 1V0

There is a very poorly marked ( on the map ) ferry where Dunning Road crosses into Quebec to hook up with 315

https://goo.gl/maps/dlTMJ

Winding Roads did a nice job after I left the slab at Belleville - took me through Westport.
Should really set up the other GPS app to bread crumb.

Good way to get to Mt Tremblant avoiding Ottawa or other choke points - two ferries runnng continously 10 min wait at most $5

This looks good for the way home - oddly - he saw an otter as well - might be too far north and doesn't seem all that twistie tho scenic.

http://www.adventuremotorcycleroutes.ca/brightside-south-eastern-ontario/

Think I will stick West Port into Winding Roads on the way home Monday

••••

Got off early after a reasonable sleep and very tasty Quebec dish at La Petite Cafe - potatoes, sausage, onions, peppers in dish with meltd cheese on top and a poached egg. Got the demi size and could barely finish it.

Forgot how big the lattes are - think cereal bowl....did not quite finish that.

Iffy tho scenic roads to Shawinigan and then swinging up to the P
La Maurice National Park and then head back west.

https://goo.gl/maps/euEpn

Last edited:
Another good route for you to hit some roads you might not have done before is to keep on the Quebec side for a bit heading west, detour up into the Gatineau hills to the lookout for a photo stop. It's worthwhile. Then cross over into Ontario at Portage du Fort and then hit up the roads around Calabogie to see what the fuss is about. Or follow Shane's recommendation to go over to Barry's Bay to see what the roads are like over there (good apparently).

It was a grey day and an uninspiring trip back with a few hilight roads and one gorgeous deer in a post card setting.
I swung up by Tremblant and then zigagged west.

After a bunch of iffy gravel as I neared Westport I was hot and tired and circled in the town a couple of times trying unsuccessfully to locate a cafe with an espresso machine ( the place we went had a private function all day._

Finally got oriented enough - pulled into an available spot and after all the iffy turnarounds I've had this trip with rolling rocks underfoot and soft sand I go over on main street.

Kick stand was not down firmly ( it had happened earlier in the trip but I noticed...this time I did not and have a busted turn signal and bent lever for my lack of attention ( 100% was because tired....went too long without a break ). I was also on the Beadrider which helps for distance but raises my seating a bit....likely would not have helped....was just careless.

Good thing is there were lots of helpful people since the bike was on the wrong side of the camber to lift easily - first foot was okay but glad of help to get it the rest of the way up and on the kickstand solidly.

Took a decent long break and a glass of milk and a dessert treat soothed the annoyance.

Slabbed it from Kingston to home - a wearying jaunt into the sun. These kinds of days I realllllly miss my hot tub :(

It was a grey day and an uninspiring trip back with a few hilight roads and one gorgeous deer in a post card setting.
I swung up by Tremblant and then zigagged west.

After a bunch of iffy gravel as I neared Westport I was hot and tired and circled in the town a couple of times trying unsuccessfully to locate a cafe with an espresso machine ( the place we went had a private function all day._

Finally got oriented enough - pulled into an available spot and after all the iffy turnarounds I've had this trip with rolling rocks underfoot and soft sand I go over on main street.

Kick stand was not down firmly ( it had happened earlier in the trip but I noticed...this time I did not and have a busted turn signal and bent lever for my lack of attention ( 100% was because tired....went too long without a break ). I was also on the Beadrider which helps for distance but raises my seating a bit....likely would not have helped....was just careless.

Good thing is there were lots of helpful people since the bike was on the wrong side of the camber to lift easily - first foot was okay but glad of help to get it the rest of the way up and on the kickstand solidly.

Took a decent long break and a glass of milk and a dessert treat soothed the annoyance.

Slabbed it from Kingston to home - a wearying jaunt into the sun. These kinds of days I realllllly miss my hot tub :(

If it helps any....I managed a tip over in Westport too a while back, right by that place we stopped at. The road is uneven there and there is a big camber. The guy next to me caught it and between us we managed to get it upright. Should have given me a shout when you were in Kingston....I have an espresso machine.

Timing was too tight as Winding Roads was slow going and wanted to get home before it was dark which is earlier these days.

Was pleased that jacket and other armour took any minor bumps

Tis and ill wind.... bent the clutch enough to be annoying - was going to get better levers anyways

So of course I check Kiji and of COURSE there is a brand new set of folding Python levers for $50 - guy sold his bike before they arrived...
Would have cost me $168 with tax -

Ductaped the turn signal for now.....lot of choice but I want something bendable but bright.

Last edited:
Easy Rider I'm so loving whatever the hell it is that you ate :)

A few years back I took a couple of guys (RIP Garret) for a day trip starting in Mont Tremblant to Trois Rivieres and back to Montreal

No GPS then so I had it written down old School

Chemin duplessis towards dame a trivierge continue.
-Chemin duplessis becomes chemin du lac superieur
_ turn left on chemin le boule E
_right away make a left on chemin du nordet
-Make a right to 125
-make a left on 347
-continue 347 left on riviere noire
-left on 348
-left on 349
- it becomes 350 on sait paulin
-left on 351 (passing 351 right)
- left on chemin st francois towards mauricie national park
-take 55 south towards trois rivieres