Who parks like this? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who parks like this?

The language is very clear here. You shall park your bike no less than 45º and no more than 60º. Not sure if you took math or not, but 0º is not within that range. This isn't even about exceptions.

It is about exceptions, and it's about how rules are written, not math. That's why it's an exception and why it says "may".
You park parallel to the curb, OR you may park at an angle within the prescribed 45 to 60 degrees. Don't know what 45 and 60 look like? Then park parallel.
The idea is probably that you park parallel, or you park on such an angle that it allows other bikes to park beside you without going so far as to be close to perpendicular, which could make it difficult for a closely parked two-track vehicle to get in or out. That of course, is just my opinion based on keen observation of what is actually accomplished by parking at between 45 and 60 degrees from the curb.

Holy do do, I now need to keep a geometry set on hand to park my bike. There really has to be better things in life to worry about tan this!

You guys are thick in the head. The law is so that people on bikes don't park parallel to the street, in the direction of travel. That way the bike is far less visible, especially at night, and is more likely to be struck by a passing vehicle. It's not to nail people parking at a 90 degree. Still, parking at 90 has it's own risks... not being able to signal to enter the road because nobody could see your blinkers, or your tail light... but it's far better than parking dead straight.

Holy do do, I now need to keep a geometry set on hand to park my bike. There really has to be better things in life to worry about tan this!
Both of you... there's rules about common sense around here. Please leave it at the door before entering.

158078-Jerry-Seinfeld-popcorn-gif-Img-NI3K.gif

Both of you... there's rules about common sense around here. Please leave it at the door before entering.

158078-Jerry-Seinfeld-popcorn-gif-Img-NI3K.gif
Sorry, forgot about Agent Gibbs (NCIS) rule #62.

Saw an SV650 parked facing against traffic yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom