Who parks like this? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who parks like this?

Bikerider

888a6717abc6fcbef62500a3fcb41f8b.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Toronto regulations require motorcycles to be parked at an angle between 45 and 60 degrees from the curb. The scooter on the right and the green bike on the left are in violation.
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/1184_950.pdf
TORONTO MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 950, TRAFFIC AND PARKING
ARTICLE IV
Parking, Stopping, Standing
§ 950-400. General stopping and parking regulations.
(2)(b) Exemptions for motorcycles.
Despite the provisions of Subsections (1) and (3), a motorcycle may be parked at an angle, provided that no person shall park a motorcycle at an angle less than 45 degrees or greater than 60 degrees to the curb.

errr...I think the issue is that it's front in lol

Toronto regulations require motorcycles to be parked at an angle between 45 and 60 degrees from the curb. The scooter on the right and the green bike on the left are in violation.
ARTICLE IV
Despite the provisions of Subsections (1) and (3), a motorcycle may be parked at an angle, provided that no person shall park a motorcycle at an angle less than 45 degrees or greater than 60 degrees to the curb.

What an utterly nonsensical law. Imagine, people spent time considering some imaginary problem, soliciting input from experts and stakeholders, running it through legal, and getting it passed by council.

油井緋色;2341813 said:
errr...I think the issue is that it's front in lol

I think there's more to it than that. Inefficient use of space immediately comes to mind. We've all seen it before, no matter what angle you look at it it's been a protracted problem the world over.

3 bikes could have parked in the space of this one bike. I had to drive down the street and park somewhere else because of this.

Turned into that spot from the far lane. Not in the mood to back it out and then park rear to curb and maybe there was tons of room when he parked it there not expecting congestion. Unless space was at a premium at that spot it doesn't matter imo.

3 bikes could have parked in the space of this one bike. I had to drive down the street and park somewhere else because of this.

If the other two had parked at the correct angle there would have been room for two more.

noob

Me and all the other riders that park in this area

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

It's the other 2 riders that need to change their parking, not the one you are complaining about. As has already been mentioned, if the other 2 riders parked at the proper angle (45-60 degrees to the curb) there would have been space for you to park. The law was created to prevent chaos when riders squeeze their scooters or motorcycles between 2 cars at 90 degrees to curb. When they park like that (perpendicular), how are the car drivers supposed to leave the space without bumping other vehicles?

ARTICLE IV

Every bike parked at my work (Atrium/Edwards St.) is parked illegally then LOL

Yeah i dont understand the non-sensical by law. Most moto parking i see park "illegally"

Then angle just makes it more complicated

Guess the by-law doesn't say 45-60 from which side. The middle bike is parked at the right angle.... just opposite to what makes the most use. Isn't there something about the front wheel touching the curb as a no-no?

Either way, I park between 45-60 from the curb on the right side, front out, so I can merge into the live lane the easiest/safest. i.e I can see traffic.

Better than this:
c5048fabd41e5455e8baf1e3392e14ac.jpg

The guy at the angle is just stupid, as he then has to back the bike out.

The other two were illegal, and one's a scooter for goodness sakes.

Why can't anyone in the GTA park a motorcycle?

It's the simplest thing.

Well aside from perpendicular parking in a plaza,
but then again everyone here wants to centre their vehicle on the lines, for that.

Back
Top Bottom