*Newb Rider* Cold start question - 2010 ninja 250R | GTAMotorcycle.com

*Newb Rider* Cold start question - 2010 ninja 250R

Good evening all,

I just wanted to know when during a cold start on this bike. I open the choke to full and start the engine. Now the RPMs slowly rise to like 4-5K. How do I know that the engine is warm enough? Will the engine's RPM drop down to like 2kish and is that when I fully close the choke and start to ride? If anyone can explain to me the process, that would be awesome. Thanks to everyone in advanced!

Regards,

With my bike on cold start with the choke "on" it will accelerate by itself more loud after about 60-70 seconds and that's indication that its warming up, that's when you lower down your choke to 1/3rd and when it accelerates more after another 20 secs you lower it all the way.

Hey Mister,
I ride a ninja, what I do is full choke, turn on and as the rpms rise I adjust the choke down to try and keep it around 2000, while I put on my gear, about 1 -2 minutes, the bike warms then I turn off the choke get on and ride. Since it's a manual choke it won't come down by itself.

Start it cold with full choke. Once it starts slowly move the choke lever to bring the rpms down below 2500, as it warms up the rpms will increase again and keep adjusting the choke to keep it around 1500-2000 rpm

When the choke can be turned off and the bike idles on it's own it is now warmed up and ready to ride.

From the Ninja Manual:View attachment 37428

There you have it for the carbed Kawasaki 250. Been that way for years with my '01 unless you keep it in a heated garage, then it is a short time choked and go. Might only need half choke then.

Same as a lawnmower or weed wacker!

Back
Top Bottom