Meet:
Tim Hortons
11947 Hurontario St. (@ Mayfield)
Brampton

10:15am meet
10:30am departure

Lunch in Creemore

Gas tanks full
prior to said departure please! Have to be able to do 150km on a tank.
This is an on/off pavement ride, does include dirt and gravel sections. Won't be doing any single track, sand pits, etc.

Ride caters to big DS bikes, ADV bikes and off-pavement capable sport tourers.

Last edited:
You had me at dirt! :) I may be up for this, I'll check with the boss to see if Sunday is free.

I've got the tracks/route for the Creemore "Big Bike" run from ODSC that is apparently just road allowances and twisty gravel roads if interested

I ran the aggressive run this year at Creemore... and I would not bring anyone on that without knobbies at the very least as there were a few tricky water crossings, mud, and steep uphills and downhills.

The big bike route is likely okay... I don't know, haven't ridden it.

Is the 20th set in stone? That is my old man's birthday (81 years old) and I should probably be a good son every few years and visit him. Any weekend between now and then is good for me -- but after the 20th is not as hunting season opens and I need to go kill things.

20th is all I got left for weekends in September. Overbooked on street rides, most of them I'm hosting so can't bail.
I can do almost any Friday though but you guys work I guess. I'll be fairly free in October as well.

But yeah, if you could send me that route Mike (or any other big bike route) that would be great. Once I sell my townhouse, I'll get a true dirt bike so I can do it all.
I finally got a proper GPS too that actually works. Zumo 660.

Hypothetically, if you were rolling thru the forks at 1030 or whatever it would be neat to tag along. Haven't crashed the Scrambler yet this year.

Ducati Scrambler? Those things do offroad? Never knew.

Lol, his Scrambler is a triumph. Though I'm surprised he wouldn't opt to ride the dr650.
Edit: And if it's the same guy in thinking of from the OFTR, he might show everyone a thing or two on the scrambler in the woods. Pretty skilled trail rider.

Last edited:
This still hapenning? I can make it! My buddy probably too but he's pretty new and wondering how extreme it will be. I guess it depends on how much rain falls? My street legal tires are fairly worn too... U guys planning lots / any river crossings or the like?

Anyone somewhat familiar with the route? I've still got sport touring tires on the versys and I do fine with them, but not in deep mud etc.
I may tag along and bail if things get too rough. Famous last words...

This is a route I made up from scraps and pieces of routes that Mike gave me. I have never done it. There may be surprises. Nevertheless, we are not out in the wilderness so shouldn't be too crazy.

If we can't do something, we'll go around.

Hopefully won't rain too much on Saturday.

I am still running Trail attacks which arent much better than sport tires, what could go wrong?

I just went over the route, doesn't look scary at all. Don't see any trails on it.
The only problem is, the route is not displaying properly on my GPS. I may need a different set of maps. Otherwise, a whole lot of memorizing ... :( First time, I'm putting an off pavement route on it. Didn't expect that to happen. All the roads actually had names or numbers. Thought they would show.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom