What should my next bike be? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What should my next bike be?

Alvito

Gonna make this short and sweet for my A.D.D readers.

-Had a Ninja 650R, loved it, although it felt a bit heavy when turning tight corners, more than enough power for me.
-Seating position was a bit rougher on long rides to the cottage
-Got into a car accident, got shaken up and needed money to buy a new car and house at the time, so I sold the bike.

-Need a new bike, thinking about buying one at the end of the season

Must be
-Fuel injected
-Similar power to Ninja 650
- Comfortable seating position for longer ride

Would prefer

- Easier to handle (lighter?)
- Comes in blue to already match existing gear

Vulcan 900 Comes to mind.... Anything else?

Last edited:
I don't understand how Vulcan 900 meets your criteria. You should be looking for a sport touring bike, in which category there are numerous choices.

Also, keep in mind that there's no law for colour matching between your gear and your bike. That will open up lots of options for you when shopping used.

Last edited:
Fj09

If you're looking at the Vulcan, I assume you want something for touring.
Do you off road at all?
If you want advice, give us more to work with.

The Vulcan 900 looks sportier than the Ninja 650? What?

I'd get an old VFR800.

vfr.jpg

I don't understand how Vulcan 900 meets your criteria. You should be looking for a sport touring bike, in which category there are numerous choices.

Also, keep in mind that there's no law for colour matching between your gear and your bike. That will open up lots of options for you when shopping used.

The sport look isn't a must, but I would prefer it. Ideally, the bike would be black. Black goes with every colour! :)

Triumph ST 675!

I will have to look into that! Thanks!

Never heard of this one before. Will google it in a bit.

If you're looking at the Vulcan, I assume you want something for touring.
Do you off road at all?
If you want advice, give us more to work with.

I do not off-road, yet. There is a trail near my cottage, I'd love to hit it with a dirt bike one day. Keep asking questions. I will answer them. :)

The Vulcan 900 looks sportier than the Ninja 650? What?

I'd get an old VFR800.

vfr.jpg

Sorry, I didn't mean to say Sportier. I meant, have a Sport look to it. The VFR you've pictured looks perfect!

I really like the VFR. I'm all over the place as far as my next bike goes. I like everything except the geeky ADV stuff.

If you want to buy new, I'd take a long hard look at the FZs, both the 07 and 09. Add a windshield for touring, maybe upgrade the seat, and you're done.

Last edited:
I 2nd FZ-07 or FZ-09. Really good looking street fighter bike and sounds much better than a 650. I am not sure why you found a 650R uncomfortable on longer rides, as it has a more upright relaxed position.

fz 07 and 09 might be your ticket to happiness. theyre an awesome bang for buck.
fz 07 is just under 400 lbs wet weight..so pretty light for 689cc

VFR certainly won't feel any lighter in the turns over a 650r. Street Triple and FZ07 would match what you've asked for. Check out the GSX-S750 and maybe Gladius as well.

I really like the VFR. I'm all over the place as far as my next bike goes. I like everything except the geeky ADV stuff.

If you want to buy new, I'd take a long hard look at the FZs, both the 07 and 09. Add a windshield for touring, maybe upgrade the seat, and you're done.

I will be buying used. Unless I win the lottery...

Um, those both look amazing!

I 2nd FZ-07 or FZ-09. Really good looking street fighter bike and sounds much better than a 650. I am not sure why you found a 650R uncomfortable on longer rides, as it has a more upright relaxed position.

The handle bars were lowered. I had planned on returning it to stock, I just never had the courage to take on that job myself.

fz 07 and 09 might be your ticket to happiness. theyre an awesome bang for buck.
fz 07 is just under 400 lbs wet weight..so pretty light for 689cc

Sounds good to me! I'll start researching a bit more.

98-01 VFR's are the best bang for buck

11863318_10153522920488665_3338752120595633985_n.jpg

Depends on the price difference. I'm not made of money, so I will probably be persuaded by which bike/insurance cost is lower.

VFR certainly won't feel any lighter in the turns over a 650r. Street Triple and FZ07 would match what you've asked for. Check out the GSX-S750 and maybe Gladius as well.

Cool. Will check out the GSX-S750!

I think the "should" in title is a red herring. You should get a Honda C90. People ride them all over the world with nary a fuss and cheap to insure besides. Man up: FZ09.

matching gear!!! Really!!! what are you a power ranger.....

Back
Top Bottom