New female rider in Vaughan | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New female rider in Vaughan

Advices for you Julia (as I am also a little new to riding):
Be selective about whom you ride with especially for us girls.
Don't try to keep up with bigger bike riders, let them know what speed or type of riding (speed, twisties, cruising) and distance with another rider on the road that you are comfortable with.
Be sure to know the route by map before you go.

These are all collected from my bad experience in the last 4 months that now I ended up riding alone most of the time but I'm sure I'll meet some cool responsible riders on the way.

Don't forget basic checks before you go: headlights, signals, break light, chain slack, tires. You'll only realize how important it is once one of these got screwed up.

Have fun and be safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^ that above is good advice. All of it. Be selective. There's a lot of ego driven idiots who think doing the lawrence ramps make them Rossi.

My best advice is get out of the city as much as possible while learning. It's much easier

I'm a guy and I agree, lots of idiots out there that try to show off their poor piss skills and either get themselves in crap or others .

But also lots of nice people out there that go out of their way to help others, I have taken many new rides on controlled rides with the point of enjoying the ride. There is no need to always ride fast.
Advices for you Julia (as I am also a little new to riding):
Be selective about whom you ride with especially for us girls.
Don't try to keep up with bigger bike riders, let them know what speed or type of riding (speed, twisties, cruising) and distance with another rider on the road that you are comfortable with.
Be sure to know the route by map before you go.

These are all collected from my bad experience in the last 4 months that now I ended up riding alone most of the time but I'm sure I'll meet some cool responsible riders on the way.

Don't forget basic checks before you go: headlights, signals, break light, chain slack, tires. You'll only realize how important it is once one of these got screwed up.

Have fun and be safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks to all the advices and I trully appreciate it )))
thanks to all who sent me pm and I am looking forward to meet you ))
i ride every day but would love to have riding partners as it feels to me for now much better)))

^^ that above is good advice. All of it. Be selective. There's a lot of ego driven idiots who think doing the lawrence ramps make them Rossi.

My best advice is get out of the city as much as possible while learning. It's much easier

This ... And.. It took me 3 years to find a handful of people I am comfortable riding with in terms of style...

If you are just learning, you will learn MUCH faster if you ride alone and it will be much safer too..

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Agreed with cbccanada. I've learned so much more even just after one solo trip up to Wasaga beach.
I also suggest to have a partner in a route you both haven't done before then you both get to discover so you won't get lazy with direction. If the other person knows the route, he will likely go a lot faster than you.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Welcome Julia. Some great advice from the GTAM crowd as in who you ride with AND most important "stay with in your limits" Ive ridden many miles and years (yes I'm old) , some super fast some not so , but always rode with in MY limits NOT someone elses. Enjoy, Ride safe!!!!

Today I rode with someone from this forum and it was very nice experience )))
few new things and advices I got )))
i am so happy and thankful to all of you))

Brava!!

I need to get over my own shyness about being a newbie on a bike and get our on the road!

Enjoy the nice wide open streets-- not so much off the Danforth in town.

:0)
Hello everyone))
my name is Julia and I live in Vaughan.
i have been riding for 20 days my ninja and would love to meet beginners riders ))))

Protip: If you meet a group of SuperSport riders in Vaughan in a parking lot that try and teach you how to ride, chances are they have no idea what they're talking about.

Seen many pull wheelies, go fast in a straight line, but panic at the slightest curve and hammer their brakes.

Protip: If you meet a group of SuperSport riders in Vaughan in a parking lot that try and teach you how to ride, chances are they have no idea what they're talking about.

Seen many pull wheelies, go fast in a straight line, but panic at the slightest curve and hammer their brakes.
What you described is most street riders, most, not all

What you described is most street riders, most, not all

Hence why I said "chances are" they have no idea what they're talking about :p

They just tend to blend in with the many car meets around here.

So far it was very nice experience )))
we had 9 bikers as a group ( all from this site) and to me it was very safe ride . Not only that, one guy was like our "babysitter "))) just making sure all cars are behind , nicely blocking the street and let everybody go first )))
what a gentleman !!!!
i was treated with so much respect and care ))))

So far it was very nice experience )))
we had 9 bikers as a group ( all from this site) and to me it was very safe ride . Not only that, one guy was like our "babysitter "))) just making sure all cars are behind , nicely blocking the street and let everybody go first )))
what a gentleman !!!!
i was treated with so much respect and care ))))

A guy gets on two wheels and no one gives a sh¡t. But if a woman shows up, there's 342 guys all geared up for a ride.

Bunch of leg humpers...

Last edited:
A guy gets on two wheels and no one gives a sh¡t. But if a woman shows up, there's 342 guys all geared up for a ride.

Bunch of leg humpers...
I have a few female friends who ride and I'm always laughing at how sad guys are when they notice a girl on a bike. I think it's funny as hell.

I have a few female friends who ride and I'm always laughing at how sad guys are when they notice a girl on a bike. I think it's funny as hell.
I ignore them - Girls that ride are nuts...

Bunch of leg humpers...

In hopes to get some but usually end up going home with none.

That being said, any guy that posts an intro rarely breaks 1 page in the thread while it would be rare if a female started thread didn't break 2 pages.

Ride you own ride.

Words to live by.

That and "when you panic, look at where you WANT to go"

This has saved me countless times already

Back
Top Bottom