Gear questions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gear questions

adrisen

Hi everyone

1) Can someone suggest how to prevent my helmet visor from fogging.

2) I need a jacket and was looking at an Icon jacket but no on seems to have it in stock or size. I don't want to order online uncase there is a size issue. Any suggestions.

Hi everyone

2) I need a jacket and was looking at an Icon jacket but no on seems to have it in stock or size. I don't want to order online uncase there is a size issue. Any suggestions.

1) dont breathe. or crack open the visor a little, close it when you start moving again.

2) look for different Icon Jacket to find out your size then order online or just look for whatever in-stock

Thanks. Stores don't seem to have an xl or 2xl in ladies.

1) dont breathe. or crack open the visor a little, close it when you start moving again.

2) look for different Icon Jacket to find out your size then order online or just look for whatever in-stock

Fogging - a thin wipe of a candle, and polish the wax around the visor. Supposedly pinlock visors don't fog up, but I've never tried it...

Fogging - a thin wipe of a candle, and polish the wax around the visor. Supposedly pinlock visors don't fog up, but I've never tried it...

I am am going to try the defogger solution I used to use on my scuba mask.

Pin lock visors are great but your visor should not be fogging unless you have the vents closed. The best way to keep your visor clear is to tilt your head back as you approach a stop to increase air flow into the helmet. Or keep the visor cracked open a bit.

Hi everyone

Pinlock is pretty good. or Bell lens, has good anti fog.. otherwise... try breathing down to your chin.. or dont breath as others suggest

could also try a foggy mask

"The Foggy[SUP]®[/SUP]Breathguard is 99.9% effective and is superb value for money. It works with full face crash helmets, is easily fitted and once in place, never has to be removed except for the occasional machine wash. It requires no maintenance - none at all! You simply fit it and forget it."

http://respro.com/store/product/foggy-mask

Pin lock is the best, once in place it wil not fog. Depending on the bike, vents do not always work so great if you have a larger windscreen.

did you check royal distributing? I was at the Guelph location a few weeks ago and saw various icon jackets on hangers.

crack it open when you're coming to a stop... when you're moving crack it open (the throttle) and goes balls deep, I guarantee your visor will not fog ;)

Thanks. Stores don't seem to have an xl or 2xl in ladies.

Look at men's?

To prevent my visors from fogging I just crack them a bit. There is also an attachment that goes inside your helmet you can get that is formable tight to your nose which prevents it. I'm pretty sure all my helmets came with it but you can also buy them aftermarket. Forget what they are called.

Check out some of the cruiser shops (HD etc), they usually have more selection for sizes.

I glued a small shim to the bottom of the visor so that its always slightly open (just a few millimeters).
The air flow is enough to keep it from fogging.

I glued a small shim to the bottom of the visor so that its always slightly open (just a few millimeters).
The air flow is enough to keep it from fogging.

At least one of my helmets (EXO1000) has a lock on it that has 3 options:
1. Unlocked.
2. Locked.
3. Cracked open.

I generally leave it cracked open except on the highway because at high speeds small debris can blow through and get in my eyes.

This bisexual jacket sounds too wild for my taste. I liked it when back in the day they only had straight and homosexual gear.

As for the helmet - it shouldn't fog up that much. It's probably not ventilating properly. Either because you are not opening the vents or because it's not designed right. Also, if you are a new rider, some of you tend to get nervous and breathe too heavy. So take it easy.
Keep clear glasses on the bike so you can ride with an open visor if fogging really becomes an issue.

Back
Top Bottom