North of Watts Road (Haliburton area) | GTAMotorcycle.com

North of Watts Road (Haliburton area)

It might not even be a real road and might be gated off or even unpassable completely. There are others that intersect Watts from the west and they are part of the Haliburton preserve and gated off. I've taken the road just south of it called Redkenn Rd and Boyce Bradley and those were not paved for the most part, but hard pack dirt and gravel - doable on a street bike.

If you have never been on Watts - take it slow - it's one of the most technical roads around and can have sand on it very late in the season as well as cottages all over. Really fun when it's in good shape.

I looked up the trail map for the preserve and the road in question is infact a gravel road that belongs to the park.

I was up in that area in a cage in July and I got to drive on 7, 14, and 19. I cant remember if I got on Watts or not. I was camping in the preserve. The whole area is a goldmine of twisty roads.

Yeah, 7, 14 and 19 are very nice. So is Redkenn if don't mind a little non paved stuff. The 2nd half of #7 and most of Watts can be really slippery with the morning dew - not sure what they used to make those roads. #19 has some stretches where pine needles that drop in the fall make for a slippery ride too.

Went up today. 7 / kennisis lake road are amazing, in great condition no sand or gravel. The newly paved twisty sweepers at the south part remind me of riding in the US. Watts rd was very sketchy, there was a lot of gravel on almost every corner, its not worth it in my opinion. 19 and 14 were a blast too but there is a small section on 19 which is not paved right now at all. Maybe like 1 km or less.

Last edited:
I was just up there today too. Didn't ride Watts or #7 so thanks for the info - I was wondering what kind of shape Watts would be in.

Back
Top Bottom