New to forum, new to bikes (in west-end of TO) | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to forum, new to bikes (in west-end of TO)

Hey-all! Been lurking around long enough, time to introduce myself.

So, here goes: I'm new to riding. Got on the back of a motorcycle this summer, and it brought back a whammy of memories from when I was 6 and wanted a bike, to high school and the boys-and-bikes deal. Decided to try out RTI's intro course, and BAM knew I wanted my own ride, now scheduled to do my M2 in September and already planning tours for this spring.

The debate: Yamaha R3 or the CBR500. I'm female and 5'5 tall, a bike that I can comfortably straddle would be awesome.

I decided to take a course on Motorcycle Maintenance through the TDSB, so if anyone wants info on that, it starts in October, I can definitely spill the beans on what I get out of it.

Looking forward to 2016 on the road, meeting fellow riders, and this community.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome home

It doesn't matter who you are,where you come from or which God you believe in...if you are motorcyclists, You are my Brother.

aaw maan, i remember my first bike ~ 40 years ago like it was yesterday

cheers sister

Last edited:
OP welcome to the forum! There's an ergo site you can use to determine the bike fit for your height. I've lost the link, but will post when I find it. I think someone here may have it.
And if you could post some info about that maintenance course.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Hey there newbie.

Just wanted to let you know myself and TwistedKestrel have monopoly on the bronies here. We'll be sure to send you an application package

(kidding, welcome!)

Hey-all! Been lurking around long enough, time to introduce myself.

So, here goes: I'm new to riding. Got on the back of a motorcycle this summer, and it brought back a whammy of memories from when I was 6 and wanted a bike, to high school and the boys-and-bikes deal. Decided to try out RTI's intro course, and BAM knew I wanted my own ride, now scheduled to do my M2 in September and already planning tours for this spring.

The debate: Yamaha R3 or the CBR500. I'm female and 5'5 tall, a bike that I can comfortably straddle would be awesome.

I decided to take a course on Motorcycle Maintenance through the TDSB, so if anyone wants info on that, it starts in October, I can definitely spill the beans on what I get out of it.

Looking forward to 2016 on the road, meeting fellow riders, and this community.

Before making your final decision on the bike, shop around for insurance first. Take a few demo rides on models you're interested if you can.

Humber college offers maintenance courses too but you gotta work on your own bike! So check with TDSB if that's the same.

I wish I were your height :'(. I will only buy a bike that I can walk it comfortably.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@eevveess :

The TDSB course doesn't require your own bike, so I'll mess around on their bike, and then baby my own in 2016 :p.

Thanks for the advice, definitely all good points.

Back
Top Bottom