Pocono Mountains PA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pocono Mountains PA

LoneRonin

I'm down in NJ til the end of the week, rode my 250 down on Tuesday. I'm going to ride to Manhattan, Atlantic City, Philly but would also like a good dose of scenic twisty riding. My cousin down here told me the Pocono Mountains aren't far from where I am (about a 1.5-2 hour ride). He's not a rider so doesn't know many specific roads but I figured I'd come here for that...

Any of you guys ridden in the area and any specific roads you'd recommend?

I've seen them on map but don't recall being in them.

Oh yeah - I have...I'd like to spend some more time exploring them

here you go

Quite a few documented rides

Click on a road for map, rider comments, resources, gps file, and other information.

State Roads: SR-92 | SR-118 | SR-125 | SR-183 | SR-339 | SR-402 | SR-447 | SR-502 | SR-507 | SR-534 | SR-901
US Routes: US-209 (Dauphin, Schuylkill) | US-209 (Pike, Monroe)
Other Roads: Blue Mountain Drive | Coolbaugh Road | Kimbles Road | Old Greentown Road | Marshalls Creek Road | Owego Turnpike | Penn Forest Road | River Road | Smith Gap Road | Snow Hill Road | Towpath Road

Links are here....have fun
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/pa_pocono.html

It's just south of my usual riding area and I've not taken the time to explore.

I know of two roads not too far from the Pocono's, although nothing directly in that range.

In New York, just north of Port Jervis, the #97 takes you on a nice ride along the Upper Delaware tract also known as Hawks Nest up to Hancock NY about 50km away. The only other decent road I have been on out that way is the PA 125 that runs south from Shamokin, PA and it's a decent run too. It's about 100km away from the Pocono's, but you can make a good route there and back also including Hawks nest.

Back
Top Bottom