Interesting routes to Lake George NY? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interesting routes to Lake George NY?

Thanks for this. I am going to Lake Placid this coming long weekend for a 2up camping trip - any other good roads/routes we should hit up?
Shane this is a great place to spend a couple hours swimming and cliff jumping.
Park on the North side of the road at the little parking lot there. in that lot starts a great little hiking trail along the river.
Cross the street and take the path on the left side of the river and follow that down about 500' to a really cool spot.
Great pics available, just be very very carefull not to fall to your death lol.
21175ea8a113b58cabf124c11eeb6bc9.jpg
d01d6ec5990fdb139c94f545c06cac89.jpg

I just realized I did that road on my way to Whiteface. It was excellent. All in all I had a blast, I love the mountains and the change in air was evident. I could smell balsam fir at the summit of Whiteface and it was awesome. It's a long day ride from Kingston to head over to the area and zip about then come back but I'll be doing it again soon. I have to try the BBQ place between Lake Placid and Saranac Lake.

edit: I asked a local about the Vermont Roads and he said they'd been busy repairing and replacing but didn't give any specifics.

Nevermind!
I just read Jayell's post RE: Tail o' the Pup.
:)

<Hey JC...do you remember the name of the BBQ place?
I will be down in the area this coming weekend and would love to check it out!>

Last edited:
Nevermind!

Enjoy the trip. If you're looking at accommodation I've always found Lake Placid to be really pricey. Saranac Lake is a bit cheaper and not that far away. That was for hotels/B&B though...camping isn't too bad it seems.

Enjoy the trip. If you're looking at accommodation I've always found Lake Placid to be really pricey. Saranac Lake is a bit cheaper and not that far away. That was for hotels/B&B though...camping isn't too bad it seems.

Thanks JC!
We are actually staying in Saranac Lake on the Saturday night.

Cheers,

Rob

Nevermind!

Between Saranac lake and Placid on 86, absolutely can't miss is.

Thanks for this. I am going to Lake Placid this coming long weekend for a 2up camping trip - any other good roads/routes we should hit up?
Sounds like you've been on Rte 6 ( Tracy Road ) already. 18 ( Forest Home Rd )between 30 and 3 is ok.
I would suggest Mount Arab hike ( you can climb one of the fire towers there for some spectacular views)...follow Rte 3 toward Tupper Lake, in Piercefield go left on 62 to Eagle Crag Lake, trailhead is right there.

Shane this is a great place to spend a couple hours swimming and cliff jumping.
Park on the North side of the road at the little parking lot there. in that lot starts a great little hiking trail along the river.
Cross the street and take the path on the left side of the river and follow that down about 500' to a really cool spot.
Great pics available, just be very very carefull not to fall to your death lol.
Just took another look at this while planning some things to see and do - this is about a 15 minute walk from where we are staying!

Gonna be an over warm but sunny and dry for the weekend for that area. Mesh in order.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/saranac-lake-ny/12983/weekend-weather/339761

At least you might be out of the sucky smog hanging over S Ontario.

Definitely was mesh weather!
As long as we were moving and were able to find some shade when stopping for a rest, it was really nice.
Cooler (& cleaner) mountain air in NY State.
The ride across the top of Toronto yesterday was brutal.

Back
Top Bottom