Called td and they won't insure me with an m1..? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Called td and they won't insure me with an m1..?

ssayedza

After I got a quote from the online (and they had an m1 option ) and I've read people on here doing the same. Did they change their policy? Or was the lady misinformed?

She may have been, call again and specifically ask. Don't think anyone here could answer that question better than them

I'm with TD and didn't have a bike for like 6 months, when I called them to insure my new bike they said they will only insure people who have been riding for 4 years. Luckily I was right at the 4 year mark.

After I got a quote from the online (and they had an m1 option ) and I've read people on here doing the same. Did they change their policy? Or was the lady misinformed?

Aviva should be very competitive on the 125 as long as you have completed the motorcycle training course.

TD insurance and TD meloche monnex are two different beasts. If you're part of one of the associations listed on their websites, they most likely will insure you with your M1. I havent been riding with for 4 years (its my first season riding). Best price out of the quotes i got was definitely TD MM by a few hundred bucks. (checked with Wawanessa, Aviva, Intact, TD MM)

So then they got my house and my car too so its even lower now.

I'm with TD MM as well...and they wanted 4 years license or they wouldn't cover me, even though I'd been insured with them the previous year.

Maybe they realized they were being retarded and changed the policy.

I got TD MM coverage as a new rider with an M1. I took a rider safety class as soon as I got my M1, bought my bike right after that, and they insured me. The agent instructed me to upgrade to M2 ASAP, and confirm with them once I had.

I got TD MM coverage as a new rider with an M1. I took a rider safety class as soon as I got my M1, bought my bike right after that, and they insured me. The agent instructed me to upgrade to M2 ASAP, and confirm with them once I had.

When was that though...this 4 year thing was new as of like May/June this year.

When was that though...this 4 year thing was new as of like May/June this year.
are you part of one of their associations though?

i got insured as of end of march this year.

I'm with TD MM. However, I have a mortgage, 2 cars, and house insurance with them (and I ride an unassuming scooter).

I contacted TD when I was looking for insurance. They would not insure me on my M1 knowing I passed the m1-m2 test and quoted me an obscene price. I also contacted my auto policy and almost choked for when I jab my m2 in hand. I found the most amazing person at Statefarm and well they knocked everyone out of the water and I signed with them.

Back
Top Bottom