Love my TPMS | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Love my TPMS

Ohhh..uncomfortable...heaven forbid...but if comfort is your goal, motorcycling may be the wrong gig for you.

Just another unneeded gadget that deskills riders IMO.

Have a Connie 14 as well. I like the TPMS feature as well as I don't have to get on my hands an knees to check tire pressure with a gauge. In my opinion it just provides another piece of useful data about what's going on with your bike just like oil pressure, temperature and fuel levels.

Twinswin are you against ABS for the same reasons. What about disk brakes in general, those old drums were a handful. Adjustable suspension components? You needed some pretty advanced skill back in the old days to keep your bike from bucking you off.
ludite.jpg

This is what I hate about Honda. I would love to have TPMS on my VFR, but get linked brakes and Vtec instead. :roll:

I use this one

71C6EVN07yL._SL1500_.jpg

been very reliable

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Ti...id=1440535147&sr=1-2&keywords=tpms+motorcycle

Exactly. Totally overrated.

Same with LED headlights. How are you supposed to learn to change a headlight if they last forever? Starter motors too, I mean, kids these days don't even know what a kick start IS! Disc brakes, don't even get me started, I love me some drum brake fade. ABS?? Nah, I can squeeze the lever WAY faster in an emergency braking situation. Same with traction control, the only control I need is a smooooooth wrist. Radiators? Water cooled bikes?? Just more to go wrong! I hate GPS too, I prefer staring at my tank bag map while I'm cruising down the highway. Speaking of cruise, cruise control is for the weak, what's that left hand doing? Put it to work! Cross those arms to give 'ol righty a rest!

If only they sold a bike to fit my specific standards!

You know what? **** it. I'll stick to my bicycle.

Ohhh..uncomfortable...heaven forbid...but if comfort is your goal, motorcycling may be the wrong gig for you.

...then you have a real problem because you won't have the skill set to realise what's going on and you might keep riding because you have chosen to turn your fate over to technology, instead of you taking "manual" control of every aspect of your machine and your riding skills.

This.

That rider knows where it's at brother! See that bugle he's using? The pedestrian sure noticed. LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES.

Quote Originally Posted by twinswin View Post
Exactly. Totally overrated.

what a total crock.
The clearance on a Burgman 650 is about an inch between the twin rotors and rim.....you want to lay flat and work a gauge in there that maybe is accurate ....be my guest.
I'd rather KNOW what my tire pressure is including at speed...I know...you don't simple as that....you are ill informed about your bike.

Guess you just better stick to walking since something even as complex a bicycle goes against you worldview. .....oh ...skip the shoes too....:rolleyes:

One of the neat features on my Kawasaki Concours is TPMS.
Thanks Kawasaki!

One of the BEST things about Kawasaki TPMS is - when they fail after warranty, it's only $500 to replace them! Whoo hoo! [p.s., mine are never being replaced]

Here is my TPMS alternative, not even required. What is going to help you more in the middle of nowhere? Knowing you have low pressure from a flat or having this stuff in your tire?

I dont even think this stuff is compatible with the TPMS unit .

I have been using this stuff on sportbikes for years and it has saved me with several punctures already. Also, I no longer need to balance the tire ever. Balances the tire past z rated speeds.

[video]https://youtu.be/4tQ6hFqifE8[/video]

BB

Last edited:
Everyone and their gadgetry and I don't even have a darn fuel gauge ;)

Everyone and their gadgetry and I don't even have a darn fuel gauge ;)

Well yeah. A fuel gauge is a bridge too far. Hopefully one day manufacturers figure out how to put a reserve switch on something with a fuel pump

Back
Top Bottom