Love my TPMS | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Love my TPMS

I don't even have abs. My bike should be unrideable by today's standards lol

:lmao:

Scary, but true. What would the world be without ABS, traction control, lift control, etc?! Oh, maybe people would learn how to control their machines!

Personally, I enjoy not having all that crap and working the machine. Much more enjoyable.

TIL that Kawasaki designed their TPMS units with a non-replaceable battery. Some people have been working on this problem: http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=29847.0

I have a 5 year Kawasaki warranty that covers the sensors if they die. I have the option to buy another 2 years to get 7 years of factory warranty. If I keep the bike longer than 5 years I'll buy it up, but I'll probably buy a new bike then. (mine is financed for 5 years)

I've found fuel gauges to be some what inaccurate. last two bikes had them, still drive by the trip metre.

I agree with that.... my gauge is a rough estimate. My bike doesn't have a reserve tank though, which sucks. I think that's really stupid..... so it's not all sunshine an daisies. lol

I agree with that.... my gauge is a rough estimate. My bike doesn't have a reserve tank though, which sucks. I think that's really stupid..... so it's not all sunshine an daisies. lol

no bike has a reserve tank, they are all the same tank, switching the petcock to reserve just draws from a lower point in the tank. When you have a fuel pump you don't want to run that low anyways as that can damage the pump amongst other things.

My Conc is all sunshine - rode it for 394km a couple weeks back before refueling - although I was kinda worried at 360 - that's some pretty nice range for a big machine.

My Conc is all sunshine - rode it for 394km a couple weeks back before refueling - although I was kinda worried at 360 - that's some pretty nice range for a big machine.

My Vulcan 2000 will go 340 kms on a tank and I like to accelerate. But that 340 is full to pushing.

My experience with TPMS on cars is terrible, I removed them from my trucks wheels and put them in a home made canister under the back seat filled with 50psi so they wont cause any more issues for me.

My dads Benz would not stop tossing codes and beeping noises, during the fall where the tire pressure would drop over night due to temp causing the air pressure to drop

In our work van one started leaking due to corrosion of the housing, (brand new van bought in 2012) it was $120 for a new TMPS but you cant just install it yourself you have to take to the dealer and have them program the new part into the ECU for it to recognize it

For me its an expensive fix for a problem that never existed! Im fine with a $5 pressure gauge, if it was an option on my next car/truck/motorcycle I personally would not choose to pay for it

Last edited:
Never had an issue with TPMS on my bike. 45,000 kms on my last BMW and never an issue, was nice to have, the more info the better. Gives a nice heads up when it drops to a certain point.

Never had it in the car, I will say my car feels antiquated compared to my bike because of all the electronics I have and my car is only 2.5 years old.

Back
Top Bottom