I've gone a little "MAD"..... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I've gone a little "MAD".....

Does 125 versus 172 make a big difference to insurance companies?

check out this awesome promo video and demonstration of the new safer sex...

Not really but as soon as you say you've done an engine swap on anything they won't insure you. Especially if the CC's are higher. I did see one post where one company said if you don't increase it by more than 25cc's you'd be ok. Not so sure they'd bother checking, though. Unless you can find one for sale with a blown engine, the bbk probably isn't worthwhile. Although I found many reviews saying the engines blow all the time, leak oil from the showroom, and the transmissions get locked in one gear so maybe it wouldn't be so hard to find one that is already blown up.

Is there anything else of similar style out there? Looking for something older than a Grom with more power but similar style to a Grom or Madass.

Last edited:
I'm 34 yrs old, 18 years licensed and insured on a motorcycle, not tickets, no accidents. Only have liability coverage. No theft, no fire, no collision. Why would you get those coverages on a bike you paid so little for? Deductible would be 1/3 or more of the value of the bike. I've never had collision or theft/fire coverage on any of my bikes. If you figure the premiums you pay, especially when you are a newer rider, after a few years you basically pay the price of the bike! Might as well cross your fingers and put the money aside in a savings account! Way back in 1998 I was paying $2,200/yr for liability on a brand new 1100cc bike. Now there was an a** raping!

So far the bike has been great to ride. If you're looking at engine swaps etc, you might as well just buy a different bike. That really goes for any bike. If you're not satisfied with the performance the way it comes from the factory, it's often better to just buy a bigger/more performance oriented bike than to try and mod your bike to go faster. If the motor does blow up, I can order a stock replacement for $450 ish. I will say this, if I decide to keep a tiny bike long term I will probably sell this one and buy a Grom just for the reliability alone. The MadAss is what it is, cheap, slow, silly fun. If you want the bike to be anything other than that, you're looking at the wrong bike.

I've seen the Madass at the Honda dealer a few years back. Very cool bike.
I like the frame/tank and the undertail exhaust.

I have a ysr 50 that may have all of 9hp on a good top end.
It's a blast and a bit scary to ride with it being so low to the ground... and gets mobbed by all the bike guys when ever I stop.
It's probably one of the most fun bikes I've ridden.

I'm with Meloche Monnex (TD Insurance). I only pay $390 for my Bandit 600. Again, liability only.

So far I get a lot of guys who used to own CT70 and CT90's back in the day checking it out and asking questions as the motors are very similar. The fun thing about a motor that small is do the slightest mod and you'll notice the difference. Even a 1hp gain is quite noticeable when you only have 8hp to start with!

Back
Top Bottom