Having problems.finding a RAM mount for user $80 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Having problems.finding a RAM mount for user $80

Venom01

I want to get the RAM handlebar kit for my FZ-09 but the prices are insane.

Anyone got any leads on where to find the best price. I'm finding through any major online retailer I'm looking at $80-$100 . They can't be that much can they???

They are.

I bought a cheap one from dx.com and regret it. Paid $20 but ... its worth $20.

As my buddy said $20 to protect your 600-dollar phone.

When you see it in that light...the higher price of RAM mounts makes more sense. And ive heard several stories of people crashing and the phone still being attached to the RAM mount, unscathed.

I bought mine from RadioWorld up on Steeles. Was like $60 all in for the triple tree base, 3" stem, and X-clamp holder. Not exactly cheap (but at least no shipping charges since buying from a brick & mortar), but again, as LePhillou said, you get what you pay for and I have no regrets with my purchase as I have no doubt in it's ability to keep my phone/GPS exactly where it needs to stay.

I got mine from either http://www.gpscity.ca/ or http://www.gpscentral.ca/ - I cant remember which one, as it was years ago, but with the purchase of a GPS system it was negligible costs for shipping and being from Alberta I saved on some taxes. (This was before HST I think )

ram mount price are insane,So I have to make my own ,Fully custom, cost me nothing, not even a penny..

IMG]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/7f76d2f7623f930358e8e24d5f0a7eb9.jpg[/IMG]
3b751612d0fdd08d6897d4534d424eca.jpg
5e6638f211680b3d5e1f47df5ae56e8c.jpg
54fd8e1722d39bf55872ce8e4d92e659.jpg

It doesn't matter who you are,where you come from or which God you believe in...if you are motorcyclists, You are my Brother.

I second what DJ-RK said about RadioWorld. My entire set up was just over $60

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. I do like the quality of the RAM system. I've seen cheaper stuff and it's just that...cheap. I have a bulky Seidio Obex case on my phone (water/dust/shock proof) so fitment is an issue with most setups, but the RAM X system for the phone holds it well.

I'll check out that gps city site and radio world.

Thanks everyone!

ram mount price are insane,So I have to make my own ,Fully custom, cost me nothing, not even a penny..

IMG]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/7f76d2f7623f930358e8e24d5f0a7eb9.jpg[/IMG]
3b751612d0fdd08d6897d4534d424eca.jpg
5e6638f211680b3d5e1f47df5ae56e8c.jpg
54fd8e1722d39bf55872ce8e4d92e659.jpg

It doesn't matter who you are,where you come from or which God you believe in...if you are motorcyclists, You are my Brother.

Man, I'm a DIY'er myself, but **** does that ever look ghetto/unsecure. Does that thing even tighten to grip your phone/GPS, or do you just slide it on in through the side?

Man, I'm a DIY'er myself, but **** does that ever look ghetto/unsecure. Does that thing even tighten to grip your phone/GPS, or do you just slide it on in through the side?

Just slide in and I'm all good to go,6plus sits there as hard as rock,removing and inserting just a gentle push..Don't forget I got silicon cover for my 6plus,..Now if you can afford $100 plus for mount go ahead by all means...

Just slide in and I'm all good to go,6plus sits there as hard as rock,removing and inserting just a gentle push..Don't forget I got silicon cover for my 6plus,..Now if you can afford $100 plus for mount go ahead by all means...

When I had the FZ-09 I purchased the entire kit for around $60 (including X-GRIP) from GPS City.

Maybe leave out the DIY & Zip ties and get something that will protect your phone.

As a side note, I have the Ram X-GRIP on the KTM 690 now, and my phone has never fallen out.... Even bashing around off-road.

Note I was looking for a power cable for my gps I called (pretty sure), it was GPSCITY. When I said I was from Toronto, the rep said then why not go to OUR Toronto store? I said you don't have a Toronto store, (nothing listed on their website etc). He said yes it is RADIOWORLD, on Steeles. So I guess they bought them out. This was about 1.5 months ago. I have been in radioworld since and nothing there says anything about GPS city either. Maybe they are like when Koodo frst came out and no one knew it was owned by Telus.

As long as it works! You should see the mount I made for my $1200 projector in my apt ;). your mount reminded me a great deal of it... only thing is my projector isn't taking corners at 100km/h :lmao:

I bought mine for $70 or $80 from Royal and then bought a suction cup mount as well on eBay so I can use it on the bike and in the van now.

If you are questioning $60ish for a quality RAM mount...just remember, you are trusting the mount to hold a likely $500+ device, which also not collapsing and damaging the bike in the process. IMO RAM is a good investment...I wouldn't skimp.

Also/sidenote -- Bought all mine from GPSCity.ca. Shipping was either $5 or $7 sent via Fedex. Took 1-2 days to arrive.

Head over to ADV rider and see if the dealer is having any deals currently. Also once you fork out for the bases the actual arms and ball joints I find are reasonably priced. I have a clutch/brake cover mount, u-tube handlebar mount and an angular frame mount and then just got a few different arms and device holders, locking nuts etc. The biggest outlay were the mount bases. Absolutely zero complaints about quality though.

I have a used one that I only used for a season for sale. I thought it was pretty good for holding my q10 blackberry at a not legal speed. I ended up gettin a tank bag instead as I had too much on the go.

PM your email address.

Oh yeah, if you get one, super glue the rubber feet on!!! Before you do anything else.

Oh yeah, if you get one, super glue the rubber feet on!!! Before you do anything else.
I used really coarse sand paper on the metal posts, then filled the rubber feet with contact cement then pushed them on. After all four were on I turned it upside down/face down on a table and put some weights on the back and let it dry for 24 hours. Can't even get them off now if you try!!

GP Bikes had the fork stem kit in stock for $50 (it was on sale). I bought it, but I already had a "custom" fork stem set up for my track timer, so I bought another diamond plate ball and just used the rest of the kit (xgrip, socket arm). I modified the socket arms so that you can do a better angle up/down if needed:

11930882_1172847296065727_939512415065787986_o.jpg

Here you can see where I modified the socket clamp arms. Where you see it in this pic it doesn't do anything, but the same modification on the bottom allows you to do a down angle like what's visible in the last pic.
11934556_1172847712732352_213601566178384817_o.jpg

11930966_1172847312732392_2072703976778959005_o.jpg

I got the two USB 2.1amp ports there too for keeping my tank mounted camera and phone or GPS fully charged 24/7 :)

When I'm not feeling so lazy I'll probably cut off the ball on the bottom of the xgrip and then put a long thin bolt through the middle of it and mount it to the fork stem rubber thing that came with the kit, then it'll be sitting flat right against my top triple tree.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom