BMW S1000RR VS Kawasaki Ninja H2R | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW S1000RR VS Kawasaki Ninja H2R

I don't get it.. doesn't bmp have a HP4 or something that would be better comparison to the H2R... S1000rr = ZX10r no?

That video told me nothing im perplexed.

On the other hand, the Kawasaki Ninja H2R is a supercharged bike with a 998cc incline 4 engines that can produce astonishing 300bhp (claimed) and 156Nm of torque.
This website needs an editor, lol.

This website needs an editor, lol.

You get more power out of them that way. The only way to keep it in check, is to wheelie.

Looks like whoever rode the H2R didn't know how to launch it or just went easy on it. Numbers seem too close to be real.

I take it that "1000 D.A." means "1000m départ arrêté". Just 7/10ths of a second over a kilometer?

It's not as though the s1000rr is a slouch. Why is this suprising? It's considerably lighter and has a ton of horsepower. It loses a little in the middle compared to a supercharged bike. Shocking.

BMW most likely has better Traction/ Launch control, however, would be interesting to see the delta on lap times around a mid-speed circuit.

It's not as though the s1000rr is a slouch. Why is this suprising? It's considerably lighter and has a ton of horsepower. It loses a little in the middle compared to a supercharged bike. Shocking.

BMW most likely has better Traction/ Launch control, however, would be interesting to see the delta on lap times around a mid-speed circuit.

Meh, I beat the BMW launch control twice this weekend and the zx10 traction control only looses to the BMW when it comes to corners as the zx10 doesn't have a lean angle sensor.

BMW1000RR, just feels like a nimble bike....don't care of HP #'s.

The website should really stick to writing about cars .... That was a terrible effort.

Same thing happened with with the H2 vs the ZX10. Kawasaki embarrassing Kawasaki. It's supposed to be a drag bike and it's getting owned by liter bikes in a straight line. On a track it gets walked by a supersport as it can't do corners. Reminds me of the Ferrari FXX. Can't make it road legal. Can't race it at tracks as it's too loud. They built it just cause they could. They forgot the fundamentals.

https://youtu.be/HIa6NElzUtQ

https://youtu.be/8QWFneiDqNs

Last edited:
Same thing happened with with the H2 vs the ZX10. Kawasaki embarrassing Kawasaki. It's supposed to be a drag bike and it's getting owned by liter bikes in a straight line. On a track it gets walked by a supersport as it can't do corners. Reminds me of the Ferrari FXX. Can't make it road legal. Can't race it at tracks as it's too loud. They built it just cause they could. They forgot the fundamentals.

The fundamental is to sell bikes.
It's just a modern Hayabusa, or the equivalent of a automotive muscle car. Something to bring to Timmies, and occasionally kill an owner who actually tries to use MotoGP power on the street.

The H2R sounded incredible on the Andretti straight at Mosport, and looked cool in the pits, and will be rare. There was no accident it was parked in the middle of Ninja 300s.

99% of people talk about supersport bikes as if they are going to race them out of the box. Maybe 1% do.

The point Kawasaki is trying to make is if you want an extreme muscle bike, they will sell you one. If you want a World Champion Superbike, they will also sell you that. Want a small sporty bike you can race? They will even sell you that.
They are keeping motorcycles interesting for everyone, while the other brands are trying to target the "premium" demographic or the economy demographic.
Comparing an S1000rrrrr to an H2 is apples and hammers.

The fundamental is to sell bikes.
It's just a modern Hayabusa, or the equivalent of a automotive muscle car. Something to bring to Timmies, and occasionally kill an owner who actually tries to use MotoGP power on the street.

The H2R sounded incredible on the Andretti straight at Mosport, and looked cool in the pits, and will be rare. There was no accident it was parked in the middle of Ninja 300s.

99% of people talk about supersport bikes as if they are going to race them out of the box. Maybe 1% do.

The point Kawasaki is trying to make is if you want an extreme muscle bike, they will sell you one. If you want a World Champion Superbike, they will also sell you that. Want a small sporty bike you can race? They will even sell you that.
They are keeping motorcycles interesting for everyone, while the other brands are trying to target the "premium" demographic or the economy demographic.
Comparing an S1000rrrrr to an H2 is apples and hammers.
But it's not a Hayabusa. A Hayabusa has a clearly defined market. It's for bigger guys who want a supersport feel, but do long distance. It's a sport touring bike. I don't fault Kawasaki for getting creative, but watching it get walked by liter bikes in a straight line and on track has me wondering WTF is it for? Just like the Ferrari FXX.

Last edited:
I wonder if he knows bmw makes more than the s1000rrrrrrrrrr and everyone else is well aware of it.

b2bba38447f926acef77bcb915abe5db.jpg

It's not apples to hammers when the big bad beast is getting beat. 300+ hp should destroy anything down a mile long straight. Think about that for a second before your little fingers start pounding keys. 300+... that's an absolutely insane number. Pity it weighs what a hammer does and the apple can hang with or beat it. Renders the h2r utterly useless imo.

Last edited:
But it's not a Hayabusa. A Hayabusa has a clearly defined market. It's for bigger guys who want a supersport feel, but do long distance. It's a sport touring bike. I don't fault Kawasaki for getting creative, but watching it get walked by liter bikes in a straight line and on track has me wondering WTF is it for? Just like the Ferrari FXX.

Ferrari sold out the FXX.

What the H2 is about is preparing the sport bike world for forced induction. With Euro4 coming, the only way to sell bikes with decent power is forced induction. And they are trying to keep the sport bike class alive, as sales figures will have us all riding adventure bikes and cruisers. As pure marketing, it worked.
Hayabusa was always marketed as a top speed muscle bike. Fat guys just gravitated (!) to it.

I guess you guys haven't noticed, but the manufacturers are no longer trying to compete with each other in any size engine class, it's about niches and distinction, which is why 600s are now 636s, 675s, 300s are 320s, 390s etc. Kawasaki is not trying to woo away BMW sales. It's all about different.

So a ss litre bike is faster (R, RR, RRRrrrr, or Hp4), who cares, Kawasaki sold out the first production run of the H2.

Does the world need another 1000cc inline 4 supersport? There are already too many as flagships and they aren't selling in decent numbers.

Tell and H2 owner any BMW or Aprilia or whatever will be faster, I doubt they care.

I couldn't come up with this stuff if I tried. Someone pass the popcorn this is too entertaining to move. Wow kawasaki sold out 300 bikes. That's a staggering number. I'll give you credit, at least your babble is entertaining at times. :lmao::rolleyes:

From what I have read the H2 isnt being made in regular production anyways, you have to order one and it gets built to order... Id think most people that would buy that bike, wouldnt really care about a BMW S1000RR, if they did they would have bought one for much less or probably already own one or 2.....THe H2R being not street legal makes it a 100% toy for anyone that buys it IMO, I dont think anyone buys one cause they need 300HP or a supercharger, its more of a hey I can so why not

I dunno for me comparing the 2 bikes is kinda stupid, they are 2 totally different animals. And personally I was at Mosport on Thurs, there must have been 40 BMWS1000RR's track/race bikes going around all day, and not one stood out besides Jordan Zoke's because he was leading the pack in red group all day..Other then that only one bike grabbed my attention from the pits from the sound alone, the H2R it could have been doing the slowest lap times out of anyone that day but it still attracted attention out many bikes that all seem to blend together...

Am I going to buy one hell no, Id probably buy a BMW S1000RR first but I can still appreciate the H2R for what it is...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom