No News Coverage???? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No News Coverage????

I don't think this is exclusive to motorcycles. Our powerlifting and car racing scene is pretty ****** as well.

Canada is a very risk-adverse society; just look at our stock options (they're mostly energy based...and have all plummeted).

well, that's good to hear...

Question though, how are you allowed to just jump into the final round, don't you have to earn points from the prior races? Or are you just allowed to bypass all that when you're really good? It would suck for the guy who won every previous race or at least made it to the podium only to get stomped in the finals by the new guy.

and on a scale of 1-10 based on intensity and skill how much higher would you say MotoGP is than top regional organizations like CSBK, AMA, British Superbike etc...

szoke has had trouble in the past, specifically at customs, and was refused entry- things got fixed. this was a long time ago.

I would really like to know what the issue was with someone using unapproved fuel and penalties that were or were not handed at last weekend's races. I have tried to look for info on this and can't seem to find out which racer(s) were involved.

Okay I get it now.... rather than being dq'd, he was docked 25 series points, in a series that he doesn't run as a regular competitor. The points mean nothing to him, he was still awarded a podium

curious of other peoples thoughts on this. What has been the norm for fuel penalties in the past?

Do you think that the crowds in Europe all race who watch either BSB or MotoGP ...... naah, they are just a guy like you or me. It's history driven and bikes have a firm place in society there. Here it's more of a nuisance allowed on the road .....

250,000 fans at Brno over 3 days... wild. They're just people who ride and are fans of racing.

I have no first hand knowledge.

I only have my opinion based on speculation.

I believe it's all politics.

The enforcement is applied inconsistently.

How many fuel tests that fail we have never heard about?

Same goes for jump starts.

But jump starts are more arbitrary. I have seen racers move and then they punish themselves by being the last off the line in accordance with the rule guideline yet they are still penalized.

Contradicting application of the rules leads to more animosity then there should be in these situations.

curious of other peoples thoughts on this. What has been the norm for fuel penalties in the past?

油井緋色;2340280 said:
I don't think this is exclusive to motorcycles. Our powerlifting and car racing scene is pretty ****** as well.

Canada is a very risk-adverse society; just look at our stock options (they're mostly energy based...and have all plummeted).

The fact they plummeted means there's some risk there. Also mining stocks?

Anyway, I think most racing is probably a better spectator sport than a TV event although it bores the socks off me but that's the same with formula one, cycling, go kart racing etc. Even as a spectator sport I'd probably go and watch once but not bother again as I remember what happened when I went to watch the Tour de France last stage in Paris. I waited for ages and the build up was pretty interesting but when the pack came along it was a massive anticlimax and over with in seconds.

Lacombe was DQ'd for the same infraction back in 2009 or 2010. A fairly large trophy was then thrown, and broken, then broken trophy was given to someone else.

There were articles in both our tiny papers...but I think that had more to do with Alex Welsh being from Uxbridge than anything else:p

Lacombe was DQ'd for the same infraction back in 2009 or 2010. A fairly large trophy was then thrown, and broken, then broken trophy was given to someone else.
Typical of CSBK, if you are a friend of CF you get a buy. One person gets banned from CSBK events for a track side scuffle, another gets a free ride after a dust-up with security staff in Edmonton? Rules are bent and twisted by CF to meet his needs

They do it so that the Pro race has some extra time if something goes wrong. If it does they just cut our race down....

What does suck is all the fans that leave after the pro race and it makes us look slower lol.

We were at turn 8 for the last day. No body left they all stayed for the last race

We were at turn 8 for the last day. No body left they all stayed for the last race
Glad to hear it! Sorry Sunday wasn't an exciting race at the front, it was even a bit boring for me especially after Saturday's dual which I would say was the best race I'd been in all year maybe even the best one ever.

Congrats, on the #1, now come to shanny next week with your black #'s and really have fun.

Congrats, on the #1, now come to shanny next week with your black #'s and really have fun.

Thanks Jim and I'm still undecided if I'll switch to black numbers before the end of the season or enjoy my last race as an AM. If they're allowing the top finishers to ride pro then I'll take the extra track time and try to catch a wiff of your exhaust for a lap or two.

Typical of CSBK, if you are a friend of CF you get a buy. One person gets banned from CSBK events for a track side scuffle, another gets a free ride after a dust-up with security staff in Edmonton? Rules are bent and twisted by CF to meet his needs

Ben was using pump gas which in fact made less power. With Ben being pretty much on his own and new to CSBK after two years he messed up. Because it was "Not" spec and he was not in the points but the bike made less HP then with the spec fuel, he was docked the points and donated his Purse. Think that was pretty fair. His bike was faster with the spec fuel. But because it wasn't the spec fuel he was penalized.
It's pretty easy to lay judgement,,, change only happens when people stop complaining and offer to help.
Is it perfect no but ,,,,,,rent the tracks and hire a staff and build a foundation and I'm in!
There are not enough people at a CSBK round to fix all the problems. The easiest thing to see are the problems. When that is all you are looking for.
So here ya go,,, Man up and volunteer your services to help,,,,then you can *****! I did. You can gladly take over parking.

Positives,, Edmonton was good and that track is safer now that CSBK was there. Thank you to all that went.
Shuby got another 100 bottle bags to help with their safety.
St Eustache is now working on bottle bags to make it safer.
Calabogie is now working on bottle bags to help with safety.
Mosport was great racing, best paddock numbers in years and spectators.
Trevor Daley showed us all how "YOU" need to help yourself PR yourself.
Look at the caliber of Amatuer riders coming up to Pro next year.

Best place we've been in,,in a long time

The fact they plummeted means there's some risk there. Also mining stocks?

Anyway, I think most racing is probably a better spectator sport than a TV event although it bores the socks off me but that's the same with formula one, cycling, go kart racing etc. Even as a spectator sport I'd probably go and watch once but not bother again as I remember what happened when I went to watch the Tour de France last stage in Paris. I waited for ages and the build up was pretty interesting but when the pack came along it was a massive anticlimax and over with in seconds.

Not necessarily. The government saw energy (Canada has a history of being a natural resources provider) as a safe commodity. Obviously nothing is immune to drops.

We aren't known for innovations because innovations carry huge amounts of risk. Motorcycle racing and motorsports could be seen in the same view. I mean look at international motorsport events, Canada isn't known for jack **** nor do we have the fans to back it up.

The first time my bike has been on the Dyno was at Mosport this year, I've been in the top 5 nine times in 2 years. My fuel has only been checked after qualifying this year never after a race which is good because that's when I run MR12.

The ruling seems fair for Ben but seemed a bit harsh for Will Hornblower and the jump start.

You can't make everyone happy and so far I've enjoyed my experience with CSBK.

Your fuel got checked after race two;) you were too busy spraying champagne. .

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Your fuel got checked after race two;) you were too busy spraying champagne. .

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

.....oh, ok well that's the first time, maybe second because it could have happened after race one where I was again busy lol. I've been the one to push my bike over the scales every round and after that they tell me to leave. I guess they had some spare time at Mosport and wanted to check everything.

Back
Top Bottom