No News Coverage???? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No News Coverage????

He is racing the final round of MotoAmerica In New Jersey, people like to talk a lot of crap.

well, that's good to hear...

Question though, how are you allowed to just jump into the final round, don't you have to earn points from the prior races? Or are you just allowed to bypass all that when you're really good? It would suck for the guy who won every previous race or at least made it to the podium only to get stomped in the finals by the new guy.

and on a scale of 1-10 based on intensity and skill how much higher would you say MotoGP is than top regional organizations like CSBK, AMA, British Superbike etc...

Last edited:
No one gives two ***** about motorsports here, let alone CSBK or Szoke...That guy has been winning just about every year and 99% of the population still has no idea who the hell he is.

I don't know why he doesn't just race on the international level and actually challenge himself. This is entirely speculation but at Shannonville once during a trackday he was there doing practice runs while we were off for lunch, I overheard some guys talking about him having a criminal record and not being allowed in the US or some bs like that. Whether its true or not I have no idea, but it would make sense as to why he isn't racing at a level higher than CSBK.

Szoke raced AMA in the early 2000's, back when AMA was still a decent series. Mainly rode Harley's VR1000 which was never a competitive bike, but managed some top 10s on it. Never really got much mainstream press coverage back then either. Neither did Steve Crevier or Miguel Duhamel, both Canadians who had very successful careers in the AMA, again in a era when AMA was one of the top racing series in the world.

Motorcycling is a niche sport, and will likely never get any significant press coverage. It would likely take a Canadian winning a MotoGP race to gain any significant press coverage unfortunately.

Kevin

well, that's good to hear...

Question though, how are you allowed to just jump into the final round, don't you have to earn points from the prior races? Or are you just allowed to bypass all that when you're really good? It would suck for the guy who won every previous race or at least made it to the podium only to get stomped in the finals by the new guy.

and on a scale of 1-10 based on intensity and skill how much higher would you say MotoGP is than top regional organizations like CSBK, AMA, British Superbike etc...

CSBK is behind AMA which is currently Behind BSB. In turn BSB is behind WSBK. Biaggi was done in Moto GP and won two championships in WSBK.

I would really like to know what the issue was with someone using unapproved fuel and penalties that were or were not handed at last weekend's races. I have tried to look for info on this and can't seem to find out which racer(s) were involved.

#86 Ben Young
Pro Sport
Sat race

See CSBK results page for the race. Far right of page

You could also see FB of Hornblower and Ruthless Racing to get other aspects of it

Anybody else finding really strange that they would put the Amateur Superbike as the last race. The guys deserves a bit more respect than that ..... Correct me if I am wrong but it's a practice unheard of in higher tier, especially international racing.

You could also see FB of Hornblower and Ruthless Racing to get other aspects of it

Okay I get it now.... rather than being dq'd, he was docked 25 series points, in a series that he doesn't run as a regular competitor. The points mean nothing to him, he was still awarded a podium

Anybody else finding really strange that they would put the Amateur Superbike as the last race. The guys deserves a bit more respect than that ..... Correct me if I am wrong but it's a practice unheard of in higher tier, especially international racing.

They do it so that the Pro race has some extra time if something goes wrong. If it does they just cut our race down....

What does suck is all the fans that leave after the pro race and it makes us look slower lol.

Since we all want to watch Dricked go round and round they schedule it last to keep the crowds at the track.

Canada, like the US, is stuck in a box where there is no world outside of North America. The only news I've seen about moto gp was on cp24 when Simoncelli passed (rip), sadly it was only mentioned because Dan Wheldon passed the week prior. Otherwise guaranteed they wouldn't have mentioned Simo. Sad really.
All we hear about is underachieving Toronto teams and their bickering.

There's not much of an audience for CSBK, MotoGP etc, I'm guessing that's why they won't cover it.

And I assume there's not much of an audience because you need to be well off to participate in motorcycle racing or even track days, whereas the stick and ball games require only a ball to play.

On the other side of that coin, if coverage was made more accessible like stick puck the sport would generate a lot more interest.

What does suck is all the fans that leave after the pro race and it makes us look slower lol.

Not all, but quite a few, especially on Sun. What they should really do is start perhaps earlier .... but it's not like they were gonna run out of light anyways. Imagine they would run Moto2 race after MotoGP ...

There's not much of an audience for CSBK, MotoGP etc, I'm guessing that's why they won't cover it.

And I assume there's not much of an audience because you need to be well off to participate in motorcycle racing or even track days, whereas the stick and ball games require only a ball to play.

Do you think that the crowds in Europe all race who watch either BSB or MotoGP ...... naah, they are just a guy like you or me. It's history driven and bikes have a firm place in society there. Here it's more of a nuisance allowed on the road .....

Back
Top Bottom